Colorado beats Georgia

ruralgopher

Reaction score
Bad loss. Looks more and more like Georgia may fire Richt.

I just saw that. Ouch. Two coaches that needed a win in the worst way...I don't see how Georgia doesn't fire him unless he has an unexpected winning season in the SEC, which looks doubtful at this point.

That said, I highly doubt the Gophers would pick him up.

I'm not sure why Colorado fans rushed the field after beating a now 1-4 Georgia team. :confused:

I just saw that. Ouch. Two coaches that needed a win in the worst way...I don't see how Georgia doesn't fire him unless he has an unexpected winning season in the SEC, which looks doubtful at this point.

That said, I highly doubt the Gophers would pick him up.

Why would we want Richt?

1. He will have been fired for a really crappy year at Georgia. Apparently he doesn't know what he's doing and he can't coach if he has a really bad year, right?

2. He had some success at Georgia. You know how much easier that is at Georgia than MN in 2010? He has a ton of players to choose from in GA, AL, FL, SC, etc. Good weather, good football support, SEC exposure, etc.

3. If he would even come here, it would be a stopping-off point. A temporay pay-check soure while he tries to secure a better gig back in the South.

Whoever we get and no matter how young or obscure they may seem, -they have to want to be here. They have to love MN and/or the midwest/BigTen.

Shocked by Georgia losing to Colorado, that's a horrible loss for them. Richt would be a huge get, his worst seasons at Georgia so far have been 4-4 in conference. In 9 years, he's finished in the top 10 of the AP poll 5 times. Interesting fact: he was born in Omaha and grew up there, so he's familiar with the Midwest to some degree (although not for recruiting). Looking at his resume, I can't believe Georgia would fire him for what would essentially be his only bad year during his tenure there.

Gopherfield-Hammer meet nail.

+1

RIcht is at a far superior program in all aspects and is not getting it done. What makes him think that he'll be able to get it done in MN with less talent, less support and an inferior program?

I'd take Richt in a heartbeat. This guy has been a successful offensive coordinator and head coach. He would be light years ahead of Brewster.

Gopherfield-Hammer meet nail.

+1

RIcht is at a far superior program in all aspects and is not getting it done. What makes him think that he'll be able to get it done in MN with less talent, less support and an inferior program?

We have very different definitions of "getting it done", Richts resume is very impressive to me. He's in the same division with Florida and Tennessee. The SEC is THE talent conference. Richt will have less talent at Minnesota, but so will his competition.

No way to this guy, he sucks at Georgia, why on earth would we want him?

No way to this guy, he sucks at Georgia, why on earth would we want him?

Have you looked at his record at Georgia? Playing in the SEC - I'll take a guy with this background.

Head coaching record
Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl Coaches# AP°
Georgia Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (2001–present)
2001 Georgia 8–4 5–3 T–3rd (East) L Music City 25 22
2002 Georgia 13–1 7–1 1st (East) W Sugar † 3 3
2003 Georgia 11–3 6–2 T–1st (East) W Capital One 6 7
2004 Georgia 10–2 6–2 2nd (East) W Outback 6 7
2005 Georgia 10–3 6–2 1st (East) L Sugar † 10 10
2006 Georgia 9–4 4–4 T–3rd (East) W Chick-fil-A 23
2007 Georgia 11–2 6–2 T–1st (East) W Sugar † 3 2
2008 Georgia 10–3 6–2 2nd (East) W Capital One 10 13
2009 Georgia 8–5 4–4 T–2nd (East) W Independence

This will be his first sub-.500 season this decade. How is that sucking? One bad year does not a career make. They are going to have trouble attracting anyone competent here with the state of the program, take the best you can get. If you're worried about the guy using the Gophers as a stepping stone, that's understandable, but right now the Gophers are near the bottom for BCS programs. If Richt (or whoever takes over) is able to pad his resume and use this job to get a better position, it probably means that he's done some good things here.

Have you looked at his record at Georgia? Playing in the SEC - I'll take a guy with this background.

Head coaching record
Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl Coaches# AP°
Georgia Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (2001–present)
2001 Georgia 8–4 5–3 T–3rd (East) L Music City 25 22
2002 Georgia 13–1 7–1 1st (East) W Sugar † 3 3
2003 Georgia 11–3 6–2 T–1st (East) W Capital One 6 7
2004 Georgia 10–2 6–2 2nd (East) W Outback 6 7
2005 Georgia 10–3 6–2 1st (East) L Sugar † 10 10
2006 Georgia 9–4 4–4 T–3rd (East) W Chick-fil-A 23
2007 Georgia 11–2 6–2 T–1st (East) W Sugar † 3 2
2008 Georgia 10–3 6–2 2nd (East) W Capital One 10 13
2009 Georgia 8–5 4–4 T–2nd (East) W Independence

Appears he's coached & won a few New Year's Day Games. Oh - how I'd love to attend a NYD game in my lifetime! Dudes got 6 double digits season wins in the SEC.

Recently talked to a guy who was an All American at Georgia under Richt. He said there is a 0% chance Richt is fired this season. The seat will be very hot in 2011.

Recently talked to a guy who was an All American at Georgia under Richt. He said there is a 0% chance Richt is fired this season. The seat will be very hot in 2011.

Really? I recently talked to a higher up official at Georgia AD and they said if Richt keeps sliding like he is, He will be fired right after the season ended. Richt could be available in 2011.

Really? I recently talked to a higher up official at Georgia AD and they said if Richt keeps sliding like he is, He will be fired right after the season ended. Richt could be available in 2011.

Well if you actually talked to a guy high up in the Georgia athletics dept I would think he would be more accurate than the guy I talked to. He is a former player of Richt's (who was an All American) and could be sipping the Richt ool-aide. But I was not making up the fact I talked to him. If he is available I hope the gophers strongly consider him.

Well if you actually talked to a guy high up in the Georgia athletics dept I would think he would be more accurate than the guy I talked to. He is a former player of Richt's (who was an All American) and could be sipping the Richt ool-aide. But I was not making up the fact I talked to him. If he is available I hope the gophers strongly consider him.

I'm just bustin your chops. I read a lot of post about people who spoke to this person and that person and they think they have all the inside information when they probably just made it up. I am not calling you a liar, I actually believe what you said that there is a zero percent chance he is fired this year. If he is I also really hope the Gophers go after him. I am just getting that, is there something wrong with puting a name (such all american you spoke to down) in the forum. I wouldnt think someone would call this person and confirm with him what you said.

Nothing against you, just making light of other peoples non-sources who say stuff and it doesnt happen.

Top Bottom