Colorado AD: "I would be surprised if we are in a $2 million market"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"Colorado: AD Mike Bohn said, "I would be surprised if we are in a $2 million dollar market pool. The timeline is until we get to right coach and right fit. That could be very quick or could be extended beyond where some of you think that right number or right date is." Bohn did say he would definitely be able to increase the salary pool for assistants. The current Colorado assistant will get paid through Janurary. A severance package after that has yet to be formed."

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Go Gophers!!

Another little tidbit: Colorado state law prohibits more than 5 coaches in the athletic department to be on multi year contracts. Not sure how much this hinders CU.

Another little tidbit: Colorado state law prohibits more than 5 coaches in the athletic department to be on multi year contracts. Not sure how much this hinders CU.

I'm not sure how much it hinders them either, but I'm sure it probably doesn't help them. What coach doesn't want job security, and playing it year by year by year because of some state law is just kind of ridiculous, and I would think would get to be a real drag after awhile.

And if that's only five coaches within the entire CU athletic department and not just the football program, then wow. That's just kind of crazy in my opinion.

Top Bottom