Collin Carrol

His brother is a senior lineman at Edina right now and I think his dad is a former gopher.

Yeah, but his missed out on the Insight Bowl. It will always haunt him.

Tweet from Gopher and golfing great, Tom Lehman from this past weekend:

".....the Gophers under the main man JK is gonna be a force, especially once Kevin Carroll signs to play the offensive line (all 5 positions)"

Go Gophers!!

His brother is a senior lineman at Edina right now and I think his dad is a former gopher.

His dad is Jay Carroll. Jay as a sophmore got a start against Ohio State in 1981 and the rest as they say is history. He caught I think 3 TDs. One at the horseshoe end he caught it in the back of the endzone and slipped on the track and bang into the wall. The winner was at the open end, he tipped and caught it. Jay had probably biggest day for any Gopher TE.

His dad is Jay Carroll. Jay as a sophmore got a start against Ohio State in 1981 and the rest as they say is history. He caught I think 3 TDs. One at the horseshoe end he caught it in the back of the endzone and slipped on the track and bang into the wall. The winner was at the open end, he tipped and caught it. Jay had probably biggest day for any Gopher TE.

Happened right in front of me in the stands in the open end. I think it was an All-American safety named Bell who tipped it and then appeared to sort of non-chalant it a bit thinking he'd saved the game. Wrong.

Wildest football game I've ever seen. Shoot-out between Hohensee and Schlichter. Game lasted what seemed like forever and it was the first game after the change away from Daylight Savings Time so it was getting dark. It was an unreal feeling walking out into the twilight with a full-on Blackberry Brandy buzz after an historic victory.

Top Bottom