College Gameday

GopherFanatic19

Reaction score
I know it is a ways off and might not happen. I think if we are 8-0 and Michigan comes to our House, College Gameday will be there as the feature game of the week. It would have everyhing they want, Rivalry, Little Brown Jug, An underdog team doing awesome, and Michigan!

I really hope this happens!!!

GOPHERS #1

I hate to say it but unless we are undefeated going into the Michigan STATE game (last game of the season) there is no way Gameday even thinks about going to TCF.

Yeah I think we'd be hard-pressed to get ESPN here on campus. Our program needs a little more weight behind it and this season we're still going to be overlooked in the polls even if we're 1-2 losses toward the end of the season. MSU having lost to ND takes away the bigger national implications for them and I don't really see anyone else on our home slate with that kind of pull. Also think of all the other big teams playing rivalry/big games late in the season. We'd have to win 8-9 games THIS year, then next year be riding undefeated with an undefeated Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin coming in to town next year for them to consider it. Sad but true.

Not a chance of that happening, my money is on them going to Oregon and USC game that day.

This board tends to get too low after losses and too high after wins. I not only think it is unlikely Gameday would be at a Gopher game (regardless of record), I also think it is unlikely they'd be at any B1G stadium this year given the dismal national rep right now.

This board tends to get too low after losses and too high after wins. I not only think it is unlikely Gameday would be at a Gopher game (regardless of record), I also think it is unlikely they'd be at any B1G stadium this year given the dismal national rep right now.

You are wrong on that one. College gameday is going to East Lansing this Saturday for OSU and Michigan State.

We would have to establish some prestige before Gameday would come here. Maybe in a 4 or 5 years if we start winning 9-10 consistently and are riding an undefeated season into November.

There's also Alabama/LSU that week. Not a chance.

Serious question: doesn't CBS get the first crack at SEC feature games?

Oregon USC will still be more intriguing nationally than us, even at 8-0.

Also it is far more likely, the way things stand now, that we will be 4-4 at that point rather than 8-0. In reality, I'm sure we'll fall somewhere between either extreme.

There's also Alabama/LSU that week. Not a chance.

This. Do remember how much press this game got last year. Ain't gonna change. With Oregon/ USC and LSU Bama going on we would be a mere afterthought.

Serious question: doesn't CBS get the first crack at SEC feature games?

Oregon USC will still be more intriguing nationally than us, even at 8-0.

Also it is far more likely, the way things stand now, that we will be 4-4 at that point rather than 8-0. In reality, I'm sure we'll fall somewhere between either extreme.

Yes and this game was already pick up by CBS at the start of the year.

I know it is a ways off and might not happen. I think if we are 8-0 and Michigan comes to our House, College Gameday will be there as the feature game of the week. It would have everyhing they want, Rivalry, Little Brown Jug, An underdog team doing awesome, and Michigan!

I really hope this happens!!!

GOPHERS #1

While that would be really great, I just hope the Gophers improve and give themselves a decent shot at going 5-0 and heading into a bye.
Can't think about going 8-0 until you clear a 5-0 hurdle first and so on.

Top Bottom