College Gameday UM v UM

What have they done so far? Are all the hosts in person with eachother?

Seeing some articles out there that Minnesota v Michigan will be best game that week and is garnering Gameday consideration. If we get it that’s two years in a row.

Not only that, but 2 (regular season) games in a row!

Minnesota is also nationally ranked in spite of not playing any games until late October.

What a time to be alive.

I'm predicting Columbus for Ohio State - Nebraska.

Even if it's a terrible game and Gameday did it last year, the ESPN producers and Kirk Herbstreit won't be able to resist putting them on the marquee. I do think there will be an urge to do a B1G game that week as sort of a "welcome back"

Does Lee Corso put on the Gopher Head in Florida?

Even if it's a terrible game and Gameday did it last year, the ESPN producers and Kirk Herbstreit won't be able to resist putting them on the marquee. I do think there will be an urge to do a B1G game that week as sort of a "welcome back"
Interesting seeing Herbstreit got his ass run out of Columbus.

Cant

They can’t pick that game, that game already was picked up by FOX

Not quite the same but I’d imagine people still have TVs and will see it
What will the be seeing? The City of Minneapolis will not allow it to happen. Without one person allowed in the crowd, Gameday is a ridiculous proposition. It becomes the same as every other pregame show...not worth watching a minute of. Having it on location with the crowd is what makes it.

What will the be seeing? The City of Minneapolis will not allow it to happen. Without one person allowed in the crowd, Gameday is a ridiculous proposition. It becomes the same as every other pregame show...not worth watching a minute of. Having it on location with the crowd is what makes it.
It's typically a pretty good watch outside the feel good emotional local news stories they always work in. Even some of those are entertaining.

They broadcast game day from an empty stadium in Louisville last weekend.

Shut up. No....you don't NEED the crowd to do Gameday. I don't watch it because people have signs in the background.

And I'm not sure how they'll handle the polls....but both Michigan and Minnesota were ranked in the preseason Top 20. You can see how weak the polls look when they remove not only two power five conferences but a couple G5 conferences in the Mountain West and the Mid American. A 1-1 Louisville team is still in @ 24. So that will be interesting. My guess is that they just kind of crush the teams back in.

But it should be a Top 25 matchup at the least And for the Little Brown Jug? I bet they could do some cool segments on what is widely considered one of the best trophies in college football. Might be a nice change up from the typical rivalry games that get rehashed on Gameday every year or every other. Plus...if they need time to fill....they could probably talk about Fleck for a while.

Also....I might just be posting from inside the bubble....but Minnesota has to be considered one of kinds of teams that has been down for so long.....that fans in other areas kind of root for them.

Last edited:

Shut up. No....you don't NEED the crowd to do Gameday. I don't watch it because people have signs in the background.

And I'm not sure how they'll handle the polls....but both Michigan and Minnesota were ranked in the preseason Top 20. You can see how weak the polls look when they remove not only two power five conferences but a couple G5 conferences in the Mountain West and the Mid American. A 1-1 Louisville team is still in @ 24. So that will be interesting. My guess is that they just kind of crush the teams back in.

But it should be a Top 25 matchup at the least And for the Little Brown Jug? I bet they could do some cool segments on what is widely considered one of the best trophies in college football. Might be a nice change up from the typical rivalry games that get rehashed on Gameday every year or every other. Plus...if they need time to fill....they could probably talk about Fleck for a while.

Also....I might just be posting from inside the bubble....but Minnesota has to be considered one of kinds of teams that has been down for so long.....that fans in other areas kind of root for them.
They could probably do an hour on rivalries lost due to conference realignment and saved by this conference only season

There could be some legit competition of top 25 matchups, depending on how things play out.

Bama at Tennessee
OU at TCU
Georgia at Kentucky
Notre Dame at Pitt
Baylor at Texas
NC State at UNC
Florida State at Louisville

etc

There could be some legit competition of top 25 matchups, depending on how things play out.

Bama at Tennessee
OU at TCU

Georgia at Kentucky
Notre Dame at Pitt
Baylor at Texas
NC State at UNC
Florida State at Louisville

etc

Imo....Georgia at Kentucky is a decent shot. But Baylor at Texas is the one that has me concerned the most.

Returning to Minneapolis post George Floyd would be a draw as well (or the opposite). You could do a lot with the Gophers and what happened in the midst of what was going on. It is a compelling national story and something I could see the talking heads at Disney, ABC and ESPN wanting to highlight on the back end of October. I don't think there will be a bigger game that week and I think a lot will hinge on the willingness or not to highlight that story regardless of if that is right or wrong to do. Just something to be mindful of as the date draws closer. My guess their coming here or not will have more to do with that story than the quality of game on the field.

Cant

They can’t pick that game, that game already was picked up by FOX

Is FOX doing their pregame there? Otherwise ESPN has never been shy about doing games they don’t broadcast such as SEC games on CBS

Is FOX doing their pregame there? Otherwise ESPN has never been shy about doing games they don’t broadcast such as SEC games on CBS

I'd assume that Fox is doing their show there. Why wouldn't they?

OSU-Nebraska confirmed for Fox Big Noon Kickoff:
So Gophers v Michigan only has games in other conferences to contend with for Game Day...I'm liking our odds more an more but we'll see what develops over the next few weeks

I guess I don’t understand why someone would watch a 4 hour show that isn’t broadcast from their team’s town and no crowd to try and hear a minute or two about their team. I guarantee that if they broadcast from Mpls that most viewers that are not Gopher fans might know who Fleck and Bateman are and that’s about it. And won’t care to know more. Most college fans are very provincial. The impact of Gameday without the goofy crowd shiite is highly highly overrated.

I guess I don’t understand why someone would watch a 4 hour show that isn’t broadcast from their team’s town and no crowd to try and hear a minute or two about their team. I guarantee that if they broadcast from Mpls that most viewers that are not Gopher fans might know who Fleck and Bateman are and that’s about it. And won’t care to know more. Most college fans are very provincial. The impact of Gameday without the goofy crowd shiite is highly highly overrated.

To each their own.

Top Bottom