College Football's Early Top 50 Players for 2020 (#35. Morgan, #28. Bateman)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

35. Tanner Morgan, QB, Minnesota

Morgan’s development at quarterback was instrumental in Minnesota’s breakout 2019 season. Quarterbacks for the Golden Gophers combined for just 20 touchdowns in 2018, but Morgan easily exceeded that mark with 30 on his own in 2019. In addition to the 30 touchdown tosses, Morgan completed 66 percent of his passes for 3,253 yards and averaged a healthy 10.2 yards per attempt. Morgan’s 2019 totals in passing yards, touchdowns, and completion percentage all rank as the best in a season in Minnesota’s program history.

28. Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota

Tyler Johnson will be missed, but the cupboard isn’t bare at receiver for Minnesota. Bateman delivered a breakout year for the Golden Gophers last fall, catching 60 passes for 1,219 yards and 11 scores. Additionally, his 20.3 per-catch average led all players in the Big Ten.

Go Gophers!!

Morgan can aim his laser at any of three receivers needing double coverage.

2 of the top 50 players in the nation. That might have happened under Mason with the RB run we had going for a while but that is still really impressive to have 2 guys mentioned among the best in all of college football.

Man I hope everything breaks right for Morgan and Bateman this year. If it does we may get to watch something really special when a great WR and QB get the opportunity to play together.

The Gophers finished 2019 ranked #10 in the nation.

It would be astonishing if Minnesota didn't have at least a couple of players ranked in the Top 50 for the following season.

After the Mitch Leidner - Todd McShay debacle I never thought I would see a Gopher QB ranked at anything again. Tanner's awesome and the writer has great taste.

The Gophers finished 2019 ranked #10 in the nation.

It would be astonishing if Minnesota didn't have at least a couple of players ranked in the Top 50 for the following season.

I did a double take when I read this. Still doesn't feel real :love:

Top Bottom