College Football Playoff expansion delayed as officials fail to form consensus over numerous issues

Does the Alliance need to blink, it holds the needed votes.
It can prevent the other side getting what they want, but it also can't get what it wants.

If no one blinks, then the most likely outcome is to just renew what we currently have. Or they could walk away. But if that happens, and programs like Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, USC, Clemson, Florida St start suddenly dropping down in money, are they just going to take that? Granted the latter three are already in that boat compared to the Big Ten and SEC, but the former three certainly are not.

It can prevent the other side getting what they want, but it also can't get what it wants.

If no one blinks, then the most likely outcome is to just renew what we currently have. Or they could walk away. But if that happens, and programs like Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, USC, Clemson, Florida St start suddenly dropping down in money, are they just going to take that? Granted the latter three are already in that boat compared to the Big Ten and SEC, but the former three certainly are not.
If no one blinks it goes back to 2013 and those programs will all be fine

If no one blinks it goes back to 2013 and those programs will all be fine
Mark Keenum (president of Miss State) is the chair of the CFP's board of directors. https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2019/4/3/governance.aspx

Based on his comments that I posted earlier in the thread (the Tweets from the SI guy) about how the SEC is doing well with the current system, that makes me think they will have a backstop of the current system.

If the Alliance (and maybe other members) chooses to leave the CFP, all bets are off.

Mark Keenum (president of Miss State) is the chair of the CFP's board of directors. https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2019/4/3/governance.aspx

Based on his comments that I posted earlier in the thread (the Tweets from the SI guy) about how the SEC is doing well with the current system, that makes me think they will have a backstop of the current system.

If the Alliance (and maybe other members) chooses to leave the CFP, all bets are off.
Would love it if the big ten did this. Probably a little short term money lost. Maybe really good for the long term health of the sport.

Would love it if the big ten did this. Probably a little short term money lost. Maybe really good for the long term health of the sport.
Yeah, the CFP has had 24 total games on TV. Of those, these are the breakdown by team for how many times that team has gotten to be on TV in a playoff games:

Bama 13
Clemson 10
Ohio St 6
OU 4
Georgia 3
(8 others with 1 or 2)

Tough for lots of people to care when it's the same teams so often.

Top Bottom