#23 Nebraska
#31 NW
#45 Iowa
#49 Penn State
#53 Indiana
#54 Gophers
#58 Purdue
#60 Illinois

Biggest surprises are yOSU not being in Top 10, Michigan State @13 and NE not being in Top 20...according to these guys all eight of Gophs conference opponents are ranked ahead of them

That November 2 game @ Indiana will be very interesting...IU offense will be good but D very shaky

I still don't understand why everyone thinks Indiana is better. They lost to Navy and Ball State last year.

I still don't understand why everyone thinks Indiana is better. They lost to Navy and Ball State last year.

A few reasons, IMO:

1. They score a lot. People like flashy offense.
2. They played really close games against recently good teams last year (lost by 4 to Michigan State, lost by 3 to Ohio State).
3. They return 21 of 24 starters.

they are ranked one above, i'd say its a toss up so lets not get all fussy over it.

Ill take strong D with mediocre O any day over the other way around.

The Indiana game is worrisome, but I think they're a good matchup for us. They lost both starting D-tackles and should be weak against the run, which plays to our strength. On offense they like to throw the ball, again playing to our strength. If we can pound the ball and chew up clock and limit big plays by their offense we should handle them.

I guess I'm a little shocked that they have Iowa ahead of Penn State. When I look at our schedule, the Iowa game looks much more winnable than the PSU game.

I guess I'm a little shocked that they have Iowa ahead of Penn State. When I look at our schedule, the Iowa game looks much more winnable than the PSU game.

To keep the atmosphere upbeat and to keep the new Norwood from growing restless, Coach Kill needs to guide his squad to three Big Ten wins in 2013 and a bowl game invitation. Year three is always a crucial year. Three Conference games must land in the W column. We know how quickly the mood of the fan base can change...or be changed by events on the playing field...

; 0 ) Good luck Coach Kill and win some Conference games for some of us old-timers! ; 0 )

they are ranked one above, i'd say its a toss up so lets not get all fussy over it.

Ill take strong D with mediocre O any day over the other way around.
Yep! We tried it the other way around with Mason.

And won more that 50% of our games over a ten year period.

The 1999 team had a good D. And OK offense. And we nearly beat Wisconsin and Ohio State, but we lost by field goals.

We got those kicks back against Penn State that year though.

That was my favorite gopher team in the last Twenty years. Tyrone Carter was a one man D!

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

The 1999 team had a good D. And OK offense. And we nearly beat Wisconsin and Ohio State, but we lost by field goals.

We got those kicks back against Penn State that year though.

That was my favorite gopher team in the last Twenty years. Tyrone Carter was a one man D!

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

1999 was definitely the closest we have come to the promised land in a long long time. The defense was the driving force on that team but the offense was pretty solid as well. Still though on D it was tons of fun watching Schlecht and Riley destroy offensive lines with TC roaming around making every tackle that came his way.

Mason didn't recruit defensive line guys year over year. His Ohio St. Always does.

I don't know what it is about Indiana that people in the media love. It might be because there are many sports journalist who attended Indiana. It might be because they're the always downtrodden program of the B1G. Whatever the case may be the media does love to root for them.

Top Bottom