Cole Kramer

I'm a Kramer guy because I watched him play for three years in HS He didn't have a howitzer then and he doesn't have a howitzer now, but he can throw the rock adequately for the type of offense he ran in HS and the type of offense PJ is bringing to the Gophers. What Kramer brings to the table is a fierce competitor, 4.5/4.6 speed, ball handling, and he doesn't make mistakes. As far as spending time with the RB coach, I have a different take. He's not the fourth RB, but he is being "groomed", as some have suggested, to be more of a run oriented option QB and improve his current Wildcat role, and needs to modify his running style The Illinois backup has already been in that role for his HS experience and the future recruit from SD appears to have significant spread experience too. I just have no vision of Morgan handing off to Kramer because the three in front of him are out due to injury or poor play.

I watch these conversations and I'm not discounting anyone's thoughts here:

I've no idea how to tell who is next up for some positions and even less how to tell relative to a guy further down on the chart.

Just not that apparent these days.

I'm a Kramer guy because I watched him play for three years in HS He didn't have a howitzer then and he doesn't have a howitzer now, but he can throw the rock adequately for the type of offense he ran in HS and the type of offense PJ is bringing to the Gophers. What Kramer brings to the table is a fierce competitor, 4.5/4.6 speed, ball handling, and he doesn't make mistakes. As far as spending time with the RB coach, I have a different take. He's not the fourth RB, but he is being "groomed", as some have suggested, to be more of a run oriented option QB and improve his current Wildcat role, and needs to modify his running style The Illinois backup has already been in that role for his HS experience and the future recruit from SD appears to have significant spread experience too. I just have no vision of Morgan handing off to Kramer because the three in front of him are out due to injury or poor play.
I wasn't suggesting that him working with Burns was in someway trying to make him a running back -- I was just trying to make the point that you raised -- that in order for him to be our run oriented quarterback he needs to work on his running style. I brought it up because there are only so many things a guy can work on, and if he is focusing on his running style we are probably going to leave the passing offense on the shoulders of Annexstad.

I watch these conversations and I'm not discounting anyone's thoughts here:

I've no idea how to tell who is next up for some positions and even less how to tell relative to a guy further down on the chart.

Just not that apparent these days.
Unless that one guy is Vicious Vic Viramontes.

Unless that one guy is Vicious Vic Viramontes.
I remember going to an open practice.

"Zack looks good ... who is this Morgan guy!?!?!?!? Oh ... Vic ... yeah not it."

Not that any rando can easily make that call from one open practice but ... I had a strong feeling.

He has a good gig going on, he will come back one more year, then go into coaching. Clark and Anex can just wear their PJ's to the Saturday games.
This saddens me. Also would feel better if Morgan could hit receivers in stride once in a while on a deep ball and not the usual underthrow.

Top Bottom