• only in certain areas

Votes: 53 59.6%
  • not at all

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Should MN Legislature butt in on the alcohol sale? Entire stadium or just the prefered seats? What do you think?

Should MN Legislature butt in on the alcohol sale? Entire stadium or just the prefered seats? What do you think?

I know that, sitting where I plan to sit, I will never be able to buy a drink inside that stadium...

I also think that its is sad that the legislature has used this to avoid the more responsible and daunting decisions at hand.

would not be an issue...

If the communists from the iron range would stay out of it. The premium area attracts the people who donate and not only to athletics. If you care about getting donations and bringing more money for the entire university budget, beer in those areas should be part of their experience, just like the other exclusive amenities. People need to quit crying about it. There will be beer in the exclusive areas no matter what the legislature has to say. We need our limp Governor to step up and finish this ridiculous argument.

Need more money

And make sure its dedicated to the stadium? Make a call to In Bev or Miller what are the rights monies worth annually?

I heard a quote from Bruiniks (sp?) on WCCO and he said that there will either be alcohol in the premium areas or there will be no alcohol at all. He also said that under no circumstances will alcohol be sold in areas of the stadium where students would have access.

I heard a quote from Bruiniks (sp?) on WCCO and he said that there will either be alcohol in the premium areas or there will be no alcohol at all. He also said that under no circumstances will alcohol be sold in areas of the stadium where students would have access.

fully agree with president bruininks stance on this issue. the legislator who brought forth this bill and those who voted in favor of it (members of both parties did) are guilty of cheap pandering as well as wasting the time of the people when they should be focused on other far more pressing state issues.

fully agree with president bruininks stance on this issue. the legislator who brought forth this bill and those who voted in favor of it (members of both parties did) are guilty of cheap pandering as well as wasting the time of the people when they should be focused on other far more pressing state issues.

The best part is that if they're sucessful in fighting the unfairness of the people in the premium seats being allowed to purchase alcohol while the general seating, the end result will likely be free drinks for those in the premium seating areas. So by complaining about the "skybox elite" getting special treatment they're going to make sure they're treated even better and don't have to pay $7 for a Miller Lite.

It would also be very expensive to add tap beer to the concessions now that everything is set-up. The taps, lines, and room in the walk-in cooler for kegs I am sure was not allotted. Only thing they could do would be to have bottled beer and to have bottled beer as the only available beer would need even more space than the kegs.

GoldenGo4Fan

Are you sure that no tap lines will be installed at TCF? I think it would be a mistake to not have the option to serve tap beer at future events (concerts, olympics, soccer, non-U events like Wild game?). TCF will have to bid against Target field for many outdoor events and if TCF can't provide beer sale money, TCF will lose almost everytime.

Are you sure that no tap lines will be installed at TCF? I think it would be a mistake to not have the option to serve tap beer at future events (concerts, olympics, soccer, non-U events like Wild game?). TCF will have to bid against Target field for many outdoor events and if TCF can't provide beer sale money, TCF will lose almost everytime.

Agreed. If the U is smart this stuff is going to be installed and just not used for Gopher games. Think if the Vikes ever get their new stadium...the U will need the capability to sell beer to capitalize from the 2 seasons the Vikes will play in TCF.

While I would prefer to be able to purchase beer in the entire stadium, I voted that it be limited to "certain areas" because that is what the University wants and I think that it is a decision that the University, not the legislature, should make.

target field will not be hosting large outdoor events like you are thinking they will. remember that target field will be natural grass and not artificial like the metrodome was. you don't want to be holding concerts, etc. on manicured natural grass if you are target field.

target field will not be hosting large outdoor events like you are thinking they will. remember that target field will be natural grass and not artificial like the metrodome was. you don't want to be holding concerts, etc. on manicured natural grass if you are target field.

That's not necesarily true. Both Wrigley and Fenway have hosted big concerts on consecutive nights (while the Cubs/Red Sox were on road swings) and unless I'm mistaken, both are real grass playing surfaces. I don't know if they've planned anything like this for Target Field but I can see some acts preferring to play outdoors to more fans over the terrible acoustics/smaller crowds that Target Center/Excel offer if given the chance.

There have been several concerts played at outdoor stadiums like Wrigley & Fenway so it can be done on grass. With the Twin Cities not having a nice, big outdoor amphitheater there are many bands that skip the Twin Cities during the busy summer tour season.

I would love to see TCF host several summer concerts with the stage set up in one end zone. I think TCF could be a good alternative for big outdoor summer concerts in the cities. And if you want to draw concerts, you will need to allow beer.

I think TCF would be great for concerts. Put the stage in the open end and use the big scoreboard like they do at rock/pop concerts and it's a great backdrop.

http://wcco.com/sports/beer.sales.stadium.2.1005073.html

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) ― University of Minnesota President Robert Bruininks says he won't allow beer sales throughout the Gophers' new football stadium.

The state Legislature is considering legislation requiring alcohol to be sold in all areas of the stadium. That's in response to the university's plan to only sell beer and wine in premium seats and private suites.

But Bruininks says if the legislation is approved, he would recommend against allowing alcohol sales in the rest of the stadium. Bruininks says 20 percent of the fans in regular seats will be university students.

University officials say they might still consider allowing alcohol to be served -- rather than sold -- in premium seats and suites.

No other stadiums in the Big Ten allow drinking in general seating areas.

I think TCF would be great for concerts. Put the stage in the open end and use the big scoreboard like they do at rock/pop concerts and it's a great backdrop.

I agree. Between Target Field and TCF, TCF is by far the better concert venue IMHO.

That's not necesarily true. Both Wrigley and Fenway have hosted big concerts on consecutive nights (while the Cubs/Red Sox were on road swings) and unless I'm mistaken, both are real grass playing surfaces. I don't know if they've planned anything like this for Target Field but I can see some acts preferring to play outdoors to more fans over the terrible acoustics/smaller crowds that Target Center/Excel offer if given the chance.

i am not saying it can't be done at target field. i am just saying i don't think the administrators of the park will want numerous concerts with people trampling the grass to be held there if given a choice.

i agree that tcf would be a good location for outdoor concerts.

also, what are you talking about "horrible acoustics" at the xcel energy center? i have seen many shows there and the facility is regarded by many around the country for having wonderful acoustics for concerts. not as familiar with target center when it comes to acoustics so i can't really speak to that venue.

i am not saying it can't be done at target field. i am just saying i don't think the administrators of the park will want numerous concerts with people trampling the grass to be held there if given a choice.

i agree that tcf would be a good location for outdoor concerts.

also, what are you talking about "horrible acoustics" at the xcel energy center? i have seen many shows there and the facility is regarded by many around the country for having wonderful acoustics for concerts. not as familiar with target center when it comes to acoustics so i can't really speak to that venue.

I think you highlighted they key...numerous. These concerts wouldn't be numerous if they followed the Wrigley/Fenway model...I think each of them hosts maybe 4 nights a summer.

As for The X, it may have great acoustics for an indoor arena, but that's like being the valedictorian in a class of 10 kids...It's not as special as it sounds. Indoor venues just have worse acoustics then outdoor venues.

No I do not no for sure. I suppose they could have installed them for other events, but seems like a big expense for something to only be used at other events.

Top Bottom