Coker under investigation, still played.

I take any chance to mock and ridicule Iowa and Becky, but I think this was a really odd case where the girl said she was assaulted by Coker at a time when they knew he was in MN. You see, she said it was the day before the MN game, I think he was in MN at the time. If the Iowa coaches knew that the story couldn't possibly be true, I don't blame them for playing Coker.

Somebody clear this up for me, the alleged assault occured at approx 1:30 am, and was reported at approx 4:30 am, that Friday morning. Did Iowa come into the Twin Cities on Thursday? If so why? given the short distance. If they didn't come in on Thursday he was there in Iowa City.

Somebody clear this up for me, the alleged assault occured at approx 1:30 am, and was reported at approx 4:30 am, that Friday morning. Did Iowa come into the Twin Cities on Thursday? If so why? given the short distance. If they didn't come in on Thursday he was there in Iowa City.

I think the disconnect is based on an initial account in the Iowa media that said that the assault occurred on Friday at about 1:15 (maybe even said 1:15pm) and it was speculated in Iowa that Coker couldn’t be involved because the team would have already left for Minnesota by 1:15pm. Later reports clarified that it was 1:15am, not 1:15pm. Based on that timing, Coker would still have been in Iowa since I don’t think that they would have come up on Thursday. I imagine that the Iowa City PD would have been able to close the matter earlier than January 3 if Coker had an alibi as easily provable as being in Minneapolis with the team. (But it is Iowa.)

I take any chance to mock and ridicule Iowa and Becky, but I think this was a really odd case where the girl said she was assaulted by Coker at a time when they knew he was in MN. You see, she said it was the day before the MN game, I think he was in MN at the time. If the Iowa coaches knew that the story couldn't possibly be true, I don't blame them for playing Coker.

I don't have the ability to search aircraft like some on here but it's possible Iowa didn't travel until later in the afternoon.

What doesn't add up is that the alleged victim didn't/doesn't want to press charges.

There's a lot more to this than we're being lead to belive. If it was a simple as the victim alleging the assault took place at a time when Coker was known to not to be in town, this would have been dead and buried the day it came out. It would be like me calling the police right now and saying that Oto Osenieks just walked into my house and stole my copy of One Crazy Summer and my VCR. Pretty sure Tubby wouldn't end up kicking him off the team.

That's right. If they arrest Oto it will be for impersonating a D-1 basketball player while in Indiani, today.

I don't have the ability to search aircraft like some on here but it's possible Iowa didn't travel until later in the afternoon.

What doesn't add up is that the alleged victim didn't/doesn't want to press charges.

It's certainly possible. It's just been reported that the Iowa football team was in MN at the time of the alleged incident. That's why I said in my post, IF the Iowa coaches knew that the story couldn't possibly be true, I don't blame them for playing Coker.

It looks like a date rape scenario, a difficult case to prosecute, which would lead to a painful examination of all aspects of the victim. Some victims say that the process is like being raped again. There are many resons, a victim might choose, not to go forward. If the victim got the choice of an easier path, while insuring that Coker whould end up far away, would she take it? No one knows, but having Coker transfer out quietly, is probably the best outcome for Iowa.

He was in Iowa City at the time. Iowa would've traveled on that Friday. This happened after midnight on Thursday (technically Friday morning). As the investigation went on, the alleged victim didn't want to cooperate and without that, it would've been nearly impossible to prosecute. Pretty common scenario in those type of cases.

If she was truly a victim, sometimes you just want the whole thing to go away as soon as possible and pretend it never happened.

Top Bottom