Cograts on the Bowl Bid Gophers.

J

John_Brown

www.kusports.com

Good season for ya'll. You're doing much better two years separated from Coach Mase than we were 2 years out. I still miss Coach Mase digging em in and trying to run an offense thru a brick wall. Mark Allison/Hessley Hempstead/Chris Perez/Touchdown Tony Sands. That was football afore this gawd awful spread 'fad' took over.

On your way down to Arizona, take a tour of Kanzas. We've got the World's Largest Ball of Twine(Cawker City)/The World's Deepest Hand Dug Well(Greensburg, or whats left of it)/The World's Largest Collection of the World's Smallest Versions of the World's Largest Things(Lucas). I highly recommend the trip to Lucas. Most of all, though, visit the Adair Museum in Osawatomie Kansas and relive the immortal moment when Kanzans like Ol Osawatomie Brown/Jim Lane/Charles Robinson et al started kicking Missoura arse. A fine Jayhawker tradition we are very proud of to this day. You should be thankful to the Jayhawkers kicking Missoura arse as it gave you the 1960 mythical national championship.

I don't know much about Gopher Football and would appreciate your comments. As for the Red Leggers, they run a variation of this gawd awful 'spread' offense that has infected NCAA football the last couple of years. The Hawks run the ball out of it almost as much as they throw out of it. Blocking scheme is mostly this new fangled 'zone' block rather than a real man's veer offense. It works, though. The keys on offense are two veteran receivers: Briscoe and Meier. Briscoe has all Big 12 talent and killed the Sooners earlier in the year for 200 plus yards. Don't try and stiff him on the line w/out help over the top. OU's Brent Venables (a friend of my wife's from Salina South) tried this and was burnt to a crisp. Meier is a former QB w/ hands of glue w/ a knack for finding the seem in any zone. The QB Reesing is a gunslinger w/ some physical limitations. The Cornhuskers took advantage of this and the fact that our Rt Tackle is a freshman who will be switched to Rt Guard (his natural position) next fall. If you have an outside pass rush, we are vulnerable.

When the Gophers have the ball, the Hawks play outta a traditional 4-3 on 1st and 2nd and switch to a Bandit 3-4 on 3rd and long. For the most part, the Jayhawkers will play different variations of zone due to the fact we have no pass rush and are vulnerable to the deep ball. The Buddha (ie Mangino/ie Phat Bastard/ie BcS Call) has been harsh on the Jayhawker defense this year and has constantly reshuffled personel due to lack of performance. Our best defensive player is senior James Holt who can cause some havoc. The best D lineman is a DE named Laptad. We lack, though, speed on the D-line. If our DTs are healed up, you will not be able to run the ball on us. Noone runs the ball on the Buddha if he has the right personel in there.

We're solid on special teams especially if they allow Briscoe to return kicks. He killed the Slavers from Missoura. A real Mizzouinator that one (like Coach Mase who really liked to stick a fork in the Slavers w/ the ultimate Mizzouinator, Touchdown Tony Sands).

That's about all from the Free State. Again, congrats on the Bowl Bid. Congrats on that beautiful new stadium ya'll are building. Hopefully, the Gophers and the Red Leggers can meet again in Larryville/St Paul in beautiful Kansas Memorial Stadium and those lovely new digs ya'll are building.

'Kansas farmers should raise less corn and more hell.'-Mary Lease, 19th century Kansas Populist

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Kansas is the Vince Lombardi of twine.

When you're into twine, the ONLY thing that matters is the size. Being #2 in twine ain't worth a tinkers dam. By the way, careful on that drive from Downs to Cawker City just north of Lake Glen Elder. I hit a 10 point buck right there one night. Destroyed the Old Mans 67 Chevy pick up. By the way, Kansas is number one in the size of our deer. I believe 4 of the 10 largest bucks ever harvested come from the Sunflower State. It may be flat out here, but we pack a punch in the important things in life. Twine. Deer. et al. And when our Jayhawkers take the field against the Gophers, ya'll will find out the Jayhawkers offense has a pretty nice punch itself.

'Kansas farmers should raise less corn and more hell.'-Mary Lease 19th century Kansas Populist

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

We've got the World's Largest Ball of Twine(Cawker City)/The World's Deepest Hand Dug Well(Greensburg, or whats left of it)

When you're into twine, the ONLY thing that matters is the size. Being #2 in twine ain't worth a tinkers dam

Mr. John Brown you can't have it both ways. You say when it comes to twine the only thing that matters is SIZE. But then you claim to have the deepest man made well around. Well Mr. Brown when it comes to Deep all that matters is how DEEP. We Gophers can go pretty darn DEEP. Just look up Tower MN. Now that's DEEP. Much DEEPER than anything in Kansas.

As I have always been told it's not the size of the twine but rather how deep you can go.

No pun intended but 3 years ago I was up in Minnesota and went pretty damn DEEP in some Minnesota chick. That might have broken some type of record.

Just sayin

Look, Mr Miracles, that's what happens when....

someone from Kansas goes to a place where Garrison Keillor is Gawd.

http://www.joe-college.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=544

Appreciate the comments from SEC 105 about Tower Minnesota. Interesting. Never heard of it and I thought I'd been to every cheap arsed tourist trap in the Midwest. They've got us beat on digging into the ground. The REAL question is whether the Gopher offense can go deep against Bowen's guaran-dam-teeya zone defense.

'Kansas farmers should raise less corn and more hell.'-Mary Lease, 19th Century Kansas Populist

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou and P.O.P.P.

Top Bottom