coffee

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
man, this board is slow for those of us not really interested in sports (outside the u).

what is your routine? what are your favorite countries of origin? how much do you drink daily? is coffee "good for you"? what is the best way to enjoy the best cup of coffee if you have the time?

i have been drinking mainly green tea, but i occasionally have a cup of folgers or something from a drivethru somewhere. my coffee tastes have become less picky over the years. often times i prefer folgers or mcdonalds to the chains that specialize in coffee. to be honest, starbucks espresso is about 50/50 on the nastiness scale. but then their "baristas" spend more time nuking breakfast sandwiches than pulling a shot.

The thing I've gotten away from is getting coffee out. I'd usually stop somewhere on my way into work 2-3 times per week to grab a latte or something, and liked to find new, local spots that weren't too far out of my way. Now that I'm not commuting, it's rare for me to get something. My Caribou points and card totals have just been sitting there. I think I have enough points for a couple free drinks, but I just never go anymore. Once we return to the office, I reckon I'll get back in the habit. Keeping those local shops going is important.

I have a drip machine, an espresso machine and a cold press maker. Honestly, I don't drink ridiculous amounts but it's nice to have options. I'm currently mostly using the espresso machine because I just upgraded recently. Oh, and I've been using some pods at work recently. I can't claim to live a green lifestyle but I have found affordable compostable pods from Camerons so I'm not wasting plastic.

Last edited:

Never tried it a day in my life, other than maybe tinkering with some iced coffee combinations at home a few times.

I have a drip machine, an espresso machine and a cold press maker. Honestly, I don't drink ridiculous amounts but it's nice to have options. I'm currently mostly using the espresso machine because I just upgraded recently. Oh, and I've been using some pods at work recently. I can't claim to live a green lifestyle but I have found affordable compostable pods from Camerons so I'm not wasting plastic.
I have a single serving Keurig, and have a reusable plastic insert that you use to put the coffee grounds in instead of using the pod. I use it mostly because I’m cheap, because those pods are stupid expensive. Throwing away one of those plastic pods every time you have a coffee does seem quite wasteful however.

I have a single serving Keurig, and have a reusable plastic insert that you use to put the coffee grounds in instead of using the pod. I use it mostly because I’m cheap, because those pods are stupid expensive. Throwing away one of those plastic pods every time you have a coffee does seem quite wasteful however.
If you disassemble the pod and rinse it out, the plastic part is recyclable. But man, they sure could make it easier to get the foil off.

Not a coffee drinker. Speedway convenience stores do have some good hot chocolate.
i don't know how healthy coffee is or isn't, but it's probably a good thing to not be a coffee drinker. i mean caffeine is a drug and i doubt there are really any drugs that are good for you. that is one of the reasons i am trying to cut back and drink green tea. green tea still has caffeine, but a lot less and green tea supposedly has so many other health benefits. you just never can tell with the constantly changing beliefs on health benefits.

one of these days, i'm going to quit all caffeine for a week and see how i feel.

Last edited:

and also, coffee is more acidic than green tea, which is not good on an empty stomach. and i only eat one meal a day at 5:30-6:00pm. so i try not to overload my stomach with acidic coffee.

it's funny, but i mean really, both drinks are acquired tastes. i can drink 4 cups of jasmine green tea a day. no way i could handle 4 cups of coffee.
I do one cup a day (coffee). I can live without it, but not having it on my commute to work would be very weird. I know people who drink coffee all day long.

I'm also not a coffee drinker. Iced green tea or an Arnie Palmer are my go-to drinks.

Off-topic, but my dry January has turned into a dry 2022. Only had two drinks yet this year. I've shed a couple pounds, and my skin hasn't looked this good in a long time. Not that I was a heavy drinker, but those few IPAs every week definitely add up. My new rule is no beer at home while just watching tv, and stick to whiskey-based drinks (like an old fashioned) if out on the town.

I find coffee as a beverage utterly repulsive. Yet, for some reason I do enjoy coffee flavored ice cream. Go figure.

My favorite coffee is Ethiopian Light Roast, hard to find tho.

Most days I drink some cheap ok coffee from Aldi

Not a snob in any way about coffee, and only have 3 or 4 per week. No secret recipe...just throw some fresh beans in the grinder and play it by ear.

The only place I'll buy a cup of coffee is Cuppa Java in Bryn Mawr. It just feels right...and if they have the Tanzanian Peaberry...well...then I can start to understand some peoples obsession with coffee. Theirs is out of this world.

Didn't drink it until quarantine. Just wanted to try something new. It still doesn't taste very good. But I like it enough for 3-4 cups a week.

In regards to tea, I'll let Ted Lasso do the talking:

If you make your own coffee, here are some handy tips.

1. Grind fresh daily.
2. Buy locally roasted if you can.
3. Buy an excellent coffee maker.

I find coffee as a beverage utterly repulsive. Yet, for some reason I do enjoy coffee flavored ice cream. Go figure.
Same. I'm mostly opposed to drinking hot beverages. My cousin has a coffee truck, so I feel obligated to drink some sort of iced coffee when we visit the truck. I drink diet sodas or water with caffeinated Mio in the morning.

Didn't drink it until quarantine. Just wanted to try something new. It still doesn't taste very good. But I like it enough for 3-4 cups a week.

In regards to tea, I'll let Ted Lasso do the talking:

wait, he's a southern man and he doesn't like tea? all sweet tea is is brewed black tea over ice with sugar. he should have just asked for his tea with sugar.

supposedly, it is possible to get tea drunk. i've never experience it because i think it requires very expensive white or puerh tea.

If you make your own coffee, here are some handy tips.

1. Grind fresh daily.
2. Buy locally roasted if you can.
3. Buy an excellent coffee maker.

1 and 2 are correct, 3 isn't necessary.
I like pour over, have a little one cup thing with a stopper that releases the coffee when you set it on your cup. It's called a Clever.

Top Bottom