Cody Poock is out for the season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Confirmed: Cody Poock is actually a scholarship medical patient that is occasionally inconvenienced by the football season.

That stinks. The Rallis targeting call is now huge for the 1st half in Lincoln.

That stinks. The Rallis targeting call is now huge for the 1st half in Lincoln.

Speaking of that.......so there is no way the targeting call can be reviewed during the week (after Saturday's game) and be overturned by the league office?

Cody's career has just been one injury after another.

He could've been an all-conference player with the right development.

Speaking of that.......so there is no way the targeting call can be reviewed during the week (after Saturday's game) and be overturned by the league office?

they don't review them, so no

Ohio State or Michigan probably, us not so much.

So we will see the National Debut of Thomas "Thumper" Barber........

It's the Fabio like hair style.

Cody looked to be in more pain than Fabio. But I'll bet the goose looked worse than both of them:

landscape-1459283603-fabio-goose-busch-gardens.jpg

I don't think that is in the rules now but I really hope it is something that gets added for next season.

Shame about Poock, he is a good player when he is on the field but just can't seem to stay healthy.

I'm not too worried about Rallis and Poock being out, we do have Everett Williams

What happened to Waters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claeys got ripped pretty good for not redshirting Thomas Barber. His rationale was that he didn't want to have to throw a kid in the fire late in the year if he needed him. Turns out he's right.

Claeys got ripped pretty good for not redshirting Thomas Barber. His rationale was that he didn't want to have to throw a kid in the fire late in the year if he needed him. Turns out he's right.

Other coaches, Barber and Barber's family were all cool with having him play...

I don't recall him getting ripped a ton for playing Barber by anyone other then those that are obsessed with the idea of redshirting players. I will never question a coaches decision to play a true freshman during a season. After the season if it turns out that freshman only saw limited opportunities then there might be cause for questioning pulling the redshirt (cough...croft...cough) but at the time the coaches are making the decision that they feel is best.

I don't recall him getting ripped a ton for playing Barber by anyone other then those that are obsessed with the idea of redshirting players. I will never question a coaches decision to play a true freshman during a season. After the season if it turns out that freshman only saw limited opportunities then there might be cause for questioning pulling the redshirt (cough...croft...cough) but at the time the coaches are making the decision that they feel is best.

They burned Barber's redshirt and he came in and has made plays on special teams and in blowouts and earned his way to a spot in the rotation now that some guys are out. That's exactly how it should work. Last year when Mitch was at his worst we put in Croft at Northwestern to see if that could be a spark but he was also mediocre and they decided that he wasn't ready to contribute. IF he had played better he might have played more. Saying they should have played him more, even if he wasn't ready, just to feel better about losing the red shirt is dumb. If you don't think Mitch's performance last year at Northwestern (along with his performances up to that game) reasonably made it necessary to look at another quarterback, your fooling yourself. IF they had redshirted Croft last year do you think he'd be playing a lot this year with Mitch healthy, a senior, and playing pretty well? Croft will go into next year with limited playing time in his first two years (including one redshirt year). Which is exactly how it would have played out if they had redshirted him last year instead of this year. You could also argue that getting a sneak peek at Croft last year gave them the vision to pursue Seth to have some options if Croft didn't improve.

It always sucks to see players who get injured, worse when it is often. I'm sure Cody is pretty damn frustrated.

Top Bottom