Cobb is 6th in the Nation for Rushing yards

Reaction score
Looked at the stats per ESPN and Cobb has 539 yards already and we are not even halfway through the season. Don't care what anyone says about this team right now or who they have played this is flat out impressive and is something positive to look at. I really think we could beat Northwestern and Purdue just off Cobb.

Don't alert the realists. Our OL and offense suck, and our OC knows nothing.

I hope he can get to 1,500-1,600 yards. I will take back everything I said about Cobb if he can do that.

I heart David Cobb.

Our first legit running back in the better part of a decade.

Who carries the mail next year? Are we going to have not a single significantly above-average player at any offensive skill position? I'll start worry about that in a few months....

I heart David Cobb.

Who carries the mail next year? Are we going to have not a single significantly above-average player at any offensive skill position? I'll start worry about that in a few months....

Jeff and Maxx

I feel like even we underrate Cobb, he's a great back.

I heart David Cobb.

Why bring it up yet, studmeister?

Awesome, work, Cobber. Keep on truckin'.

Looked at the stats per ESPN and Cobb has 539 yards already and we are not even halfway through the season. Don't care what anyone says about this team right now or who they have played this is flat out impressive and is something positive to look at. I really think we could beat Northwestern and Purdue just off Cobb.
Ditto.

Does Cobb have a shot at getting drafted?

Cobb is solid in most aspects of the running game. My guess is that if he keeps playing like this.....he could be drafted as high as the fourth round.

No shot at higher than round six if at all. Not fast enough. Excellent college RB.

Does Cobb have a shot at getting drafted?

Chance yes, but late rounder if at all. My guess is not drafted but invited to someone's camp. He won't look very good at combine.

@SportSourceA: Pitt's J. Conners has had 35 runs resulting in first dwn. Next best this year are Nebraska's Abdullah & Minnesota's Cobb, who each have 27

Instincts vs speed

Cobb sees holes, reads blocks, uses patience
better than almost anyone. He's strong. He usually makes the first guy miss the tackle. He is faster than he appears. I would think he has an NFL future.
I don't recall Kill saying so however, as he does about some guys like Murray.
That surprises me.

Cobb sees holes, reads blocks, uses patience
better than almost anyone. He's strong. He usually makes the first guy miss the tackle. He is faster than he appears. I would think he has an NFL future.
I don't recall Kill saying so however, as he does about some guys like Murray.
That surprises me.

He may be slower than some backs behind him, but it just seems like he finds the holes. I'll see other guys run into the heart of the line and get stuffed where Cobb will sidestep and find a hole for 8 yards. When running between the tackles I think vision is more important than speed, especially when the line is not blowing truck lane holes open all day.

Top Bottom