Coach Burnes Appreciation Thread

Tvans022

Reaction score
My apologies if I missed this, but this man has been instrumental to our program and should be recognized and treated as such. Great leadership. Amazing recruiter. Knows X's and O's. Went from a RB Coach to Head Coach. Kudos Coach Burnes. Thank you for being a leader, and steward for these young men. You have developed some big-time running backs during your tenure and that's part of the reason for your success, but thank you for coming back and seeing things through with MO.

I don't think many MEN in America after receiving a HEAD COACHING gig for the first time in their life come back to coach a glorified exhibition game. It shows great character and your passion and love for your players. He had a special bond with Mo, and was his rock during the tough times. I wish you the utmost well wishes and respect on your new journey and will be rooting for the GOLDEN FLASHES. Thank you Coach.

Last edited:

I listened to the KFAN pregame show yesterday, and they interviewed Burns. I loved how he talked up Mo, and how he has grown as a person and athlete at the U. He mentioned that Mo has been over to his house many times for dinner, and that his daughter is especially going to miss Mo as they have become BFF's! Good luck Coach, I will be following your progress at Kent State.

Top Bottom