Class of 2014 - Minnesota Preps Update

Marcus Berg is my cousin and has been through a lot. Its been great seeing him do so well. I've been saying he should check out Minnesota, we will see what happens.

2013 is Wisconsin heavy, 2014 looks to be Minnesota heavy, agreed?
We'll see, it's still pretty early. Only two guys with BCS offers so far, but as Bob said, it's pretty far out to be making these projections. They haven't even played their junior seasons yet.

So I talked to some of my family and found out Marcus has been invited to Harvard, Princeton, and Dartmouth football camps. Just adding some more information to the discussion.

Regarding Hassenauer, he has attended some major football camps and has been performing well. I saw a photo of him shaking hands with Nick Saban. Not sure what camp that was. He is listed as a center at 6'2 270. Was reported to be the best offensive lineman at the Elite Junior Camp this past month.

Regarding Hassenauer, he has attended some major football camps and has been performing well. I saw a photo of him shaking hands with Nick Saban. Not sure what camp that was. He is listed as a center at 6'2 270. Was reported to be the best offensive lineman at the Elite Junior Camp this past month.

I saw him play last year and he stood out. He actually looked a bit smaller than 6'2" 270, but my perception could have been wrong. I thought he looked more like 6'0" 250, but like I said, I wasn't watching too closely.

I only saw him play against Cretin and Cretin was extremely dominant up the middle. This was one of the only kids that really even slowed down Harden. I think you see a play in his highlights where he kind of dominated Harden on a play and it was one of the only times during Harden's entire career that I remember him being dominated. Harden got the best of Hassenauer over the course of the game, but Harden was a SR. That said, if you look closely at the tape, he doesn't look too much taller than Harden and I believe Harden was measuered at 5'10".

As I said earlier, it's hard to tell the difference between a talented SO who turns out to be a Division 1 prospect in two years and a talented SO who ends up being a D2 / FCS football player. He is the type of player that Tommy Olson was in HS (gritty, tough, more of a trenches guy who can pull), but I have no idea if he will be of Olson's caliber.

Growing two inches and gaining 20 pounds over the course of your sophomore year is not a surprise. I grew three inches over the summer at the same age.

Top Bottom