Ciarrocca on taking care of the ball: "I really believe its a personal choice."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Ciarrocca on taking care of the ball: "I really believe its a personal choice."

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Again, none of this is revolutionary. The difference is in the packaging and presentation. It't not like Fleck woke up one day, said "hey, turnovers are bad!" - and everyone else went - "wow, I never thought of that before."

Having said that, there's nothing wrong with taking a different approach. I've seen that in business. You tell somebody something, and they don't get it. But someone else tells them the same thing with a different method of presentation, and it clicks.

if Fleck's approach clicks with players, more power to him. Just don't act like you invented the wheel. (or the internet....)

Again, none of this is revolutionary. The difference is in the packaging and presentation. It't not like Fleck woke up one day, said "hey, turnovers are bad!" - and everyone else went - "wow, I never thought of that before."

Having said that, there's nothing wrong with taking a different approach. I've seen that in business. You tell somebody something, and they don't get it. But someone else tells them the same thing with a different method of presentation, and it clicks.

if Fleck's approach clicks with players, more power to him. Just don't act like you invented the wheel. (or the internet....)

Amen to that!

Yeah, it's sometimes hard to take these guys seriously when they solemnly proclaim stuff like this. Proof will be in the pudding. The gophers have had pretty good turnover ratios in recent years. Particularly 2014 and 2016.

I think it is damned if you do damned if you don't combined with perception is reality.

You can't go to a horde of football players and get their attention and inspire them with:

Hey guys you've heard this before in different ways but here is my version of the same thing you always hear....

So you have to play it up a bit.

But then the outside folks are all No **** hold onto the ball, duh.

The thing is if the kids buy into the same story told a different way and play better.... then it really is different.

This is pretty silly. Western Michigan lead the nation in % of their own fumbles recovered last season, which is almost entirely based on luck.

Fleck and his staff do not have a magic wand they wave to improve turnover margin. All coaches emphasize taking care of the ball.

Top Bottom