Chuck Hunt on Fleck: This guy has more energy than 100 normal, average people have combined.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Hunt:

But, I have to say I have never seen one quite like one of the people who spoke at this year's convention, held on Jan. 27-31.

You may or may not have heard of him, but his name is P.J. Fleck. He is, of course, the head football coach for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers.

This guy has more energy than 100 normal, average people have combined.

When he was introduced he was nowhere to be seen, but he came running to the stage from the back of the ballroom, bounded onto the stage and grabbed the mike from the newspaper association president and proceeded to talk.

He spoke loud and fast and paced back and forth on the podium and proceeded to give a speech about his life, his family, football, the Gophers, coaching, the media, life skills, the people of Minnesota and a whole lot more.

He spoke for an hour, at least. Never hardly paused, never hardly took a breath. Never stopped moving.

Nobody dared move or look away, or, you know, get up to go use the restroom.

The audience was captivated and riveted on his every word. You could have heard a pin drop, except, you know, he was talking so loud you couldn't have heard much of anything.

When he was done he answered a couple of questions in his rapid-fire manner, then ended by leaping off the stage and running out of the ballroom.

I was exhausted just listening to his speech and had to go take a nap afterwards.

And, since he says he has aways been this wired and high energy, I truly feel sorry for his poor mom and dad...

Go Gophers!!

Ha! This sounds about right. And if you have ever watched "Being PJ Fleck" I think his parents could comment in agreement about the last sentence in the quoted comments above.

"I was exhausted just listening to his speech and had to go take a nap afterwards."

I'm the opposite.

When I've heard PJ talk I want to go get in a fight afterward.

The audience was captivated and riveted on his every word. You could have heard a pin drop, except, you know, he was talking so loud you couldn't have heard much of anything.
----------------------------------
First statement is that everyone is riveted on his every word. Then he says he was talking so loud you couldn't have heard much of anything. One extreme to the other. So which line is correct?

Fleck is the embodiment of the Pareto Principle.
Admittedly I had to look up Pareto Principle. First time I ever heard this term. I would have to agree with this and I believe others do the same. Some times you do have to talk about multiple items to drive home one point with hope that the person is getting the pinpointed message.

Admittedly I had to look up Pareto Principle. First time I ever heard this term. I would have to agree with this and I believe others do the same. Some times you do have to talk about multiple items to drive home one point with hope that the person is getting the pinpointed message.

I trying to spend about 80% of my time reading what Spoofin thinks of 20% of what Fleck says. :)

I just think it's funny that the authors name is Chuck Hunt.

Top Bottom