Christensen: If Gophers fall to 0-3 "there will be speculation about Claeys future"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Christensen: If Gophers fall to 0-3 "there will be speculation about Claeys future"

per a Q&A in the Baltimore Sun:

3. With two straight losses following the 3-0 start, especially one at home to West Division rival Iowa, will the Gophers be in desperation mode when they get to College Park?

Yes, that’s a good way to put it. The Gophers thought they had a good chance at a West Division title, with a favorable schedule and a senior QB, etc. If they fall to 3-3 and 0-3 in the Big Ten, there will be speculation about Tracy Claeys’ future.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...at-writer-joe-christensen-20161014-story.html

Go Gophers!!

Hell, on GH there was speculation when he was 0-0.

There's already speculation about Claeys' future, duh Joe. That's what it means when people say there will be speculation "if."

Media reports they might say something.... they just said.

There was speculation as soon as he signed a 3 year contract.

LMAO! It will be the nail in the coffin, not speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be more inclined to agree with you then the Baltimore Sun on this one although I don't know that it would be the final nail, there might still be a tiny opening left.

Winning out

I would be more inclined to agree with you then the Baltimore Sun on this one although I don't know that it would be the final nail, there might still be a tiny opening left.

I'm not sure where the line in the sand starts but lets say, HOWEVER improbable the Gophers would win their last three games.
At Nebraska,
Home to NW
At Wisconsin
does he stay then?
Lose the next four, win those three and he's 6 and 6 but has momentum. Win one of next four and win those last three and it's 7 and 5 but again momentum.
I think the last three games are a pretty big key. Even how we play if we lose...providing we win at least 6 games...but which ones?
I don't see it over with a loss to Maryland. We have so many winnable games it's hard to guess. Each game we lose just makes it less likely but not over imo. Wisconsin seems a loss but what if we beat Wisconsin? That would be a big deal!! Present and future.

I'm not sure where the line in the sand starts but lets say, HOWEVER improbable the Gophers would win their last three games.
At Nebraska,
Home to NW
At Wisconsin
does he stay then?
Lose the next four, win those three and he's 6 and 6 but has momentum. Win one of next four and win those last three and it's 7 and 5 but again momentum.
I think the last three games are a pretty big key. Even how we play if we lose...providing we win at least 6 games...but which ones?
I don't see it over with a loss to Maryland. We have so many winnable games it's hard to guess. Each game we lose just makes it less likely but not over imo. Wisconsin seems a loss but what if we beat Wisconsin? That would be a big deal!! Present and future.
Gophers have a good shot at 6 wins, but hard to see them winning at Madison or Lincoln.

Gophers have a good shot at 6 wins, but hard to see them winning at Madison or Lincoln.
I don't see how we can block the pass rush Wisconsin is going to bring to the party. Northwestern is an average team but rush the passer very good too. We need this win today

If we lose today, I don't see us winning more than 2 games (Rutgers & Purdue) the rest of the way. If we win today, who knows, they could rattle off 4 in a row and gain some steam heading into Lincoln.

At Nebraska,
Home to NW
At Wisconsin
does he stay then?

Obviously none of know where Coyle's head is at in regards to Claeys future but it would seem to me that bowl eligibility paired with a Wisconsin win would be enough to keep Claeys around. If the team runs off 3 or 4 wins in the next stretch and beats either Wisconsin or Nebraska that may well be enough to buy Tracy some more time. Lots of season left to play out and lots of winnable games on the schedule still.

Top Bottom