Chris Hawkins Decommits?

Actually that isn't correct regardin offers, at least for Veazie. You are correct regarding Gray on the grayshirt though.

The equation doesn't necessarily = SH, but it's a nice thought. But it does = someone good enough to risk losing whoever they ask to GS.

I hope that is the case, but don't we have at least six spots still available (unless they intend to bank some for next year)? I don't even know when the last time it was that we even had a visitor, and according to Scout, we don't have any planned for this weekend. And I don't want to hear "who'd schedule a visit here in January?" Michigan has two visitors including one from Florida, Mich State has three including one from Georgia, Illinois has four including three from Florida - my point being, other northern schools don't seem too afraid to schedule visits now and it seems kids willing to make visits this late in the game are serious about the schools.

Anyway, we seem to just be in such a drought with no prospects on the horizon (that WE are aware of, anyway).

Ah, my mistake. Veazie had offers from Miami and Louisiana-Monroe. I only list offers in my own spreadsheet from BCS schools.

Here we go again.

Back on that roller coaster ride that is recruiting.

Us rubes should be used to the ups and downs by now.

I hope that is the case, but don't we have at least six spots still available (unless they intend to bank some for next year)? I don't even know when the last time it was that we even had a visitor, and according to Scout, we don't have any planned for this weekend. And I don't want to hear "who'd schedule a visit here in January?" Michigan has two visitors including one from Florida, Mich State has three including one from Georgia, Illinois has four including three from Florida - my point being, other northern schools don't seem too afraid to schedule visits now and it seems kids willing to make visits this late in the game are serious about the schools.

Anyway, we seem to just be in such a drought with no prospects on the horizon (that WE are aware of, anyway).

With two decommits, I think we are at four slots available now (assuming Campion enrolled and no gray shirts).

With two decommits, I think we are at four slots available now (assuming Campion enrolled and no gray shirts).

Good to know. Shooter (I know, worst source ever) had written a couple of weeks ago that the Gophs could sign up to 31 players. According to Shooter then, if we've lost Allen and Veazie, we would be at 23, plus Campion at Searcy, that would mean we are at 25...

Who knows? i just want some positive news.

The idea that we are asking Allen to grayshirt makes me think that we have something lined up. The way the "grayshirting" of Allen has sounded, it doesn't come across as a grades issue to me. I think the grayshirting that is a product of grades usually just happens (player doesn't have the credentials to get in right away, they sit out until january). If it was a grades issue, there would be no need to ask Allen to grayshirt, it would simply just have to happen.

As to the original topic, if we lose Hawkins as well as Green and Huff, our class loses a huge portion of it's playmaking and excitement.

If we were to lose Hawkins, the only other thing that would put this class officially in the dumper for me would be to lose Hill - that would really suck.

If we were to lose Hawkins, the only other thing that would put this class officially in the dumper for me would be to lose Hill - that would really suck.

Come on, don't sell yourself short, you've been ready to declare this class as "officially in the dumper" for weeks now!:)

Maybe Allen being asked to "greyshirt" is the confirmation we need that indeed Searcy is indeed coming along with this class.

Come on, don't sell yourself short, you've been ready to declare this class as "officially in the dumper" for weeks now!:)

I was actually pretty happy with our class up until Green left, and then even got over that pretty quickly.

But I don't like losing anybody, and would be very disappointed if Hawkins did in fact change his mind, on top of Allen and Veazie (wasn't he one of our first commits?).

Oh well - as we are learning, nothing is official until signing day, so maybe we can do some stealing ourselves. There is a top-ranked running back going to Oregon this weekend. If he commits, maybe that will convince Daunte Williams to give us some love again.

We need to shore up the OC spot quickly. The time is ticking.

I was actually pretty happy with our class up until Green left, and then even got over that pretty quickly.

But I don't like losing anybody, and would be very disappointed if Hawkins did in fact change his mind, on top of Allen and Veazie (wasn't he one of our first commits?).

Oh well - as we are learning, nothing is official until signing day, so maybe we can do some stealing ourselves. There is a top-ranked running back going to Oregon this weekend. If he commits, maybe that will convince Daunte Williams to give us some love again.

The early commits are they ones I always am concerned about. Think about it. You're 17/18 you commit early and then watch the kids who don't commit take their 5 visits. They get all the attention get asked all the questions and get "wooed" by Coaches. While this goes on invariably even if the team you committed to contacts you, it certainly can't match the attention the uncommitted guys are getting.

All that said you're right, nothings official yet!

After today's decommits we are still at 801 points in Rivals' team rankings. Didn't drop a single point.

At least one of the scholarships has already been replaced and will increase the points. Doesn't look like a decommit to me.

Well than the rankings haven't been altered yet

Au contraire mon frere. The rankings show 23 commits for Minnesota. They are updated following the Veazie and Allen decommits (if you want to call them that.)

My bad, points won't increase because they were already added. Vereen took Veazie's spot a few weeks ago, but it was just confirmed.

Huh? Vereen was confirmed weeks ago and whatever points he was worth also added weeks ago.

Huh? Vereen was confirmed weeks ago and whatever points he was worth also added weeks ago.

That's what I just said, his points were already added, I had made a mistake. I meant Veazie's scholarship being pulled happened weeks ago for Vereen but it is just now being reported. Vereen is worth more rivals points than Veazie.

That's what I just said, his points were already added, I had made a mistake. I meant Veazie's scholarship being pulled happened weeks ago for Vereen but it is just now being reported. Vereen is worth more rivals points than Veazie.

Ahhh... I must be slow. Actually, I didn't know they pulled Veazie's scholarhip so that is news to me.

I think it's brand new news to everyone now. I just read it on the other board.

Yep. So when a guy drops then the 21st guy gets counted. So losing a three star won't hurt the team rankings much.

It doesn't really surprise me, a lot of coaches see a increase in recruiting their first year or two because they can sell change and a new vision. At this point, recruits want to see results on the field from Brewster and they have just not come. In regards to Brewster recruiting Texas, his is facing an uphill battle. He is trying to go into Big 12 country where several programs have added new coaches that have really strong relationships in Texas and these programs can also sell the idea that their families will get to see them play in the state of Texas several times a year.

Good post. I agree with all of it.

Top Bottom