Chris Fowler leaving ESPN Gameday crew. To be replaced by Rece Davis

Fowler is a great announcer. Very knowledgeable and very fair to both teams. I like listening to him do games.

Fowler is a great announcer. Very knowledgeable and very fair to both teams. I like listening to him do games.

I don't like him. He belongs in Fargo announcing Nationally Televised Bison games on KFGO.

Good move by ESPN. They would've likely lost Davis as his contract was up. He is good and now he no longer had to deal with Mark May and Lou Holtz. Win-win for him.

I like Corso, he is fun,but since his stroke, sometimes he is hard to watch when he is searching for the words and is hard to understand. He is 79 and I wouldn't be surprised if he had only a year or two left. I just hope it isn't Desmond, Kirk, and Reece when he retires. I don't think Desmond adds anything and is a huge, biased homer. Also, not a fan of women-shouldn't-be-on-the-selection-committee Pollack, either.

Good move by ESPN. They would've likely lost Davis as his contract was up. He is good and now he no longer had to deal with Mark May and Lou Holtz. Win-win for him.

I like Corso, he is fun,but since his stroke, sometimes he is hard to watch when he is searching for the words and is hard to understand. He is 79 and I wouldn't be surprised if he had only a year or two left. I just hope it isn't Desmond, Kirk, and Reece when he retires. I don't think Desmond adds anything and is a huge, biased homer. Also, not a fan of women-shouldn't-be-on-the-selection-committee Pollack, either.

Just think. We have been saying the same thing about Sid Hartman for the past 30 years or so.....minus the stroke obviously. ;)

Just think. We have been saying the same thing about Sid Hartman for the past 30 years or so.....minus the stroke obviously. ;)

No kidding. One thing Sid has going for him is that he doesn't travel to a new city every week for 3 months out of the year.

BRISTOL, Conn. -- Rece Davis is taking over as host of ESPN's "College GameDay," with Chris Fowler focusing on calling the Saturday prime-time games.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/12287061/rece-davis-taking-host-college-gameday

I find ESPN and Gameday to be very annoying and am not very interested in Gameday. I am not sure why people are so fixated on it.

ESPN treats the Big Ten very poorly, and their role in the "SEC" Network is a conflict of interest that shows up in their delivery and overall agenda. The production values of the horribly slotted 11 AM Big Ten Games are of a lower quality level than that of the later SEC games that also get all the good timeslots.

When the Gophers are on ESPN broadcasts,, at halftime the studio folks often talk about other games and almost completely ignore the current game with a focus on upcoming top 25 and SEC games. Compare that to a an SEC game later that night and watch the studio crew talk at length about the current game when they go to break.

Delaney needs to either stop working with ESPN/ABC for the next deal, or make some serious changes.

I find ESPN and Gameday to be very annoying and am not very interested in Gameday. I am not sure why people are so fixated on it.

ESPN treats the Big Ten very poorly, and their role in the "SEC" Network is a conflict of interest that shows up in their delivery and overall agenda. The production values of the horribly slotted 11 AM Big Ten Games are of a lower quality level than that of the later SEC games that also get all the good timeslots.

When the Gophers are on ESPN broadcasts,, at halftime the studio folks often talk about other games and almost completely ignore the current game with a focus on upcoming top 25 and SEC games. Compare that to a an SEC game later that night and watch the studio crew talk at length about the current game when they go to break.

Delaney needs to either stop working with ESPN/ABC for the next deal, or make some serious changes.

I wonder if Fox Sports One continues to grow if the Big Ten would have the nuts to move there. They already own half of BTN. Would be a risky move, but would like to see ESPN eat it.

Other than Gopher games and PTI, ESPN has become unwatchable.

Other than Gopher games and PTI, ESPN has become unwatchable.

This and this.

I am in favor of letting Fargo host Gameday for eternity. They seem to enjoy it, and that way, the show will disappear into the abyss.

I wonder if Fox Sports One continues to grow if the Big Ten would have the nuts to move there. They already own half of BTN. Would be a risky move, but would like to see ESPN eat it.

Interesting thought. My guess is the regular Fox channel would have to be a part of it as well. Maybe a Big Ten game of the week or something.

I doubt it will happen but you never know I guess.

Top Bottom