Chris Doyle at Iowa is Gone

Also no surprise that Kirk says he was not aware of it. Pretty sad in my opinion that he didn't have the courage, balls, or common sense to do something about it.

Dang...he gets 1.1 million (15 months of base pay) on his way out the door.

A) That's a lot of settlement money when you get fired for being racist (is this normal)

B) He makes about what our Offensive and Defensive Coordinators make COMBINED

A golden parachute for some one who almost killed few players and was a racist.
But it is IA and I admit that since it is IA he would keep his job.
Perhaps the times they are a changing.

Also no surprise that Kirk says he was not aware of it. Pretty sad in my opinion that he didn't have the courage, balls, or common sense to do something about it.
hahahaha...swept under the rug as expected. This is Ferentz's program...he knew nothing? wow..I call bulls*t!!! Just lost a ton of respect for him. The only 'show-in-town' wins again down there.

hahahaha...swept under the rug as expected. This is Ferentz's program...he knew nothing? wow..I call bulls*t!!! Just lost a ton of respect for him. The only 'show-in-town' wins again down there.
Ferentz wants to keep his job and his son employed as OC. If Brian Ferentz loses his job for his part in the alleged racist culture as players have claimed, he might have a hard time getting a remotely equivalent position anywhere else. It’s not like the offense has been a juggernaut since he took over as OC.

But I don’t know which is worse, claiming that you didn’t know your best friend and son were mistreating players or you knew and didn’t care.

To claim you did not know is not believable. Wow, there are coaches in football and basketball that have been addressing relations among all races and creeds for decades. The best results are always all players having their voice, telling their life story to their roommates and the whole team. This is ancient philosophy that people telling their life story to everyone else changes everything. It is ignorance as a coach to not always be promoting the complete unity of the team. I vividly remember Lombardi loving and encouraging and supporting his black players that were engaged to white woman and this was at a time when society had a tough time with that. Hell, Horning and Starr and Taylor loved Willie Davis and Adderly etc.. John McKay convinced Bear Bryant to integrate not just to win but to enrich lives. I was raised in a bohemian culture where my parents had loving friends from every possible race or religion. We simply cared whether a person was kind and thoughtful and funny and interesting or not ! Playing stupid is a lame excuse, it is what Rick Pitino tried and Joe Paterno. You have to know what your staff is doing, it is your job to know.

A golden parachute for some one who almost killed few players and was a racist.
But it is IA and I admit that since it is IA he would keep his job.
Perhaps the times they are a changing.

A real court is not going to be nearly the lynch mob that is the court of public opinion.

Iowa should not try to get out of the contract. They have to move on because the mob has spoken.

To claim you did not know is not believable. Wow, there are coaches in football and basketball that have been addressing relations among all races and creeds for decades. The best results are always all players having their voice, telling their life story to their roommates and the whole team. This is ancient philosophy that people telling their life story to everyone else changes everything. It is ignorance as a coach to not always be promoting the complete unity of the team. I vividly remember Lombardi loving and encouraging and supporting his black players that were engaged to white woman and this was at a time when society had a tough time with that. Hell, Horning and Starr and Taylor loved Willie Davis and Adderly etc.. John McKay convinced Bear Bryant to integrate not just to win but to enrich lives. I was raised in a bohemian culture where my parents had loving friends from every possible race or religion. We simply cared whether a person was kind and thoughtful and funny and interesting or not ! Playing stupid is a lame excuse, it is what Rick Pitino tried and Joe Paterno. You have to know what your staff is doing, it is your job to know.

Don't forget about the heroic efforts by one Chuba Hubbard. He was able to get people to not like listening to the same news network that he prefers.

Don't forget about the heroic efforts by one Chuba Hubbard. He was able to get people to not like listening to the same news network that he prefers.

OAN really strains the adjective "news" to the breaking point.

OAN really strains the adjective "news" to the breaking point.

I know they're closed-minded. Anyone so closed-minded to not believe the main stream media must be shut down. We cannot accept closed-minded people.

In all seriousness, it's openly slanted but it's certainly news. I don't see it being much different than MSNBC or the Young Turks. None of them are my cup of tea, but it's about the same.

This may nip Barta and Kirk Ferentz in the buttocks later.

Ferentz wants to keep his job and his son employed as OC. If Brian Ferentz loses his job for his part in the alleged racist culture as players have claimed, he might have a hard time getting a remotely equivalent position anywhere else. It’s not like the offense has been a juggernaut since he took over as OC.

But I don’t know which is worse, claiming that you didn’t know your best friend and son were mistreating players or you knew and didn’t care.

Was there anything on BF than the mask/bank robbery ribbing (and beyond being a giant ****)? I‘ve not been following the tweet storm.

It might be telling that Iowa had a "one pre approved tweet per month" rule on their players too ...

Like if you button everyting all up to keep anyone from knowing anything ... you probably think you can hide and pretend you didn't know when it comes out.

They only got caught when former players not under the thumb of the school brought it up.

Who hates Iowa ? Captain Kirk gets by with protecting his and his sons jobs. It's not believable he had no idea Doyle was racist.

Was there anything on BF than the mask/bank robbery ribbing (and beyond being a giant ****)? I‘ve not been following the tweet storm.
I don’t do social media, so I don’t know. But his name was mentioned quite often with Doyle’s name as the problem when this first came out, then it seem to die down. I’m sure dad helped tamp that down with those naming BF.

Doyle makes a convenient scapegoat. Logic says there is more to it......

Who hates Iowa ? Captain Kirk gets by with protecting his and his sons jobs. It's not believable he had no idea Doyle was racist.
Total agreement here. Up to now...I had tons of respect for Kirk Ferentz...no more. THIS IS ALL A COVER-UP...IT IS HIS PROGRAM...HE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING ON...!!! Both Kirk and his arrogantly loud-mouthed son need to go. Sorry...I couldn't resist any longer.

Some people know where the bodies are buried. Et tu?

They haven't found Jimmy Hofa yet.

But, we know where Cap'n Kirk's son is. He is going to bring down the ship.

This storm is far from over.

The cap'n can't control the weather.

Don’t you feel sorry for Cap’n Kirk. If two players are both vying for the same position as in right guard, one is black and the other is white, he has to choose the black otherwise he will be accused of racism. And the BLM people will show up in droves and force the university to make more changes. Could happen here at the U.

Don’t you feel sorry for Cap’n Kirk. If two players are both vying for the same position as in right guard, one is black and the other is white, he has to choose the black otherwise he will be accused of racism. And the BLM people will show up in droves and force the university to make more changes. Could happen here at the U.

tenor.gif

I know they're closed-minded. Anyone so closed-minded to not believe the main stream media must be shut down. We cannot accept closed-minded people.

In all seriousness, it's openly slanted but it's certainly news. I don't see it being much different than MSNBC or the Young Turks. None of them are my cup of tea, but it's about the same.
Hence why it's wrong for a public employee raking in millions in taxpayer dollars to wear shirts supporting any of them. (y)

You are a special kind of stupid aren't you.

Top Bottom