Chris Beard hired by Texas Tech weeks after accepting UNLV job

This is my favorite tweet:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Beard must have some sort of place in his heart for Lubbock otherwise I wouldn't even call this a lateral move,

Maybe he has lived in a bubble most of his life.

I think I read that he has 2 daughters within a 2 hour drive of TT. Sure seems like a reason enough to me

I think I read that he has 2 daughters within a 2 hour drive of TT. Sure seems like a reason enough to me

True and:

Beard's roots in Lubbock and West Texas run deep. He spent 10 years at Texas Tech which included seven seasons as an assistant coach under Hall of Fame Coach Bob Knight and three seasons as an associate head coach under Pat Knight. The Red Raiders racked up 188 victories -- the best 10-year stretch in program history -- while Tech piled up four NCAA Tournament bids and three NIT appearances. His tenure with the Red Raiders was highlighted by Tech's run to the 2005 NCAA Sweet 16 where the Red Raiders defeated UCLA and No. 11-ranked and three-seeded Gonzaga in the first two rounds.

Beard spent two seasons at Angelo State from 2013-15 where he secured NABC South Central Region and Lone Star Conference Coach of the Year after he guided the Rams to a program record-setting 28 wins and the program's first NCAA Division II Sweet 16 appearance in 2014-15. Angelo State began the season with a 17-0 record and finished with a No. 19 national ranking. Prior to Beard's arrival, the Rams suffered three consecutive losing seasons which included a 71-9 mark in 2012-13...

Raised in Irving, Texas, Beard's coaching career began in the Lone Star State as a graduate assistant at Incarnate Ward followed by a pair of assistant coaching stints at Abilene Christian and North Texas.

http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/beard_chris00.html

Top Bottom