Chip Kelly in talks with Tampa Bay for HC job

Well, time to find out what program-altering violations were committed this time!

And all the Pete Carroll comparisons have started.

I'm not sure that the Chip Kelly brand of football would translate too well to the NFL. Of course it probably beats hiring Brad Childress.

Maybe he'll hire Childress as his OC.

Football scoop says it is a done deal. Seeing what NE tries to do on offense with tempo, he could be successful.

chip kelly is pulling a pete carroll. get out (and get paid by the nfl) before the NCAA hammer drops down on you and your program. don't feel bad for oregon in the least.

Kelly has a good thing going for him at Oregon. Something seems fishy here
It's called a major NCAA investigation into paying a street agent to steer a top recruit to Oregon. The evidence thats has leaked out makes it look like the NCAA has a strong case.

Kelly is a good football coach. He won't run the same exact system in the NFL. He will adjust it to defenses and players he has and can get, that's what good coaches do.

I also thinks Kelly understands the value of keeping a quarterback healthy (see Dennis Dixon injury).

Just heard on Mike and Mike; sources say Kelly has said no to Tampa Bay.

Chip Kelly is not going to coach the Bucs. The deal was all but finalized and all he needed to do was sign the contract, but Chip backed out last second. I live in St. Pete Beach (Tampa Bay area) and can tell you that the fans here will be dissapointed to hear Chip won't be the next coach of the Bucs. Brad Childress, who I spoke with on Saturday before the East West Shrine Bowl is not recieving serious consideration for the job, at last according to him. He coached the West squad with other coaching luminaries such as Mark Mangino and Gary Moeller as assistants.

Gopherdroppings

www.gopherjerseys.com

Supposedly, Oregon is about to get in trouble for paying $25,000 to independent Texas high school football scout Willie Lyles for steering a few players their way. One of the three players mentioned is LaMichael James, a former Gopher verbal commit. I wonder if we had any contact with Lyles?

Maybe that's why he de-committed - we didn't come up with the scratch.

Top Bottom