Chip: Here's how a Gopher ends up in his seventh (yes, seventh) college football season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chip:

Micah Dew-Treadway had a conversation with a few of his Gophers teammates recently about a game during his freshman season of college football. His team faced Ezekiel Elliott that day.

Yep, that Ezekiel Elliott, the former Ohio State running back who is entering his sixth NFL season.

Dew-Treadway is still a college student.

The nose tackle is a veteran in P.J. Fleck's program and especially old by traditional college football standards — he turns 25 in January. He spent four years at Notre Dame before arriving in the Twin Cities for what has become three more.

"There was a kid on my team [at Notre Dame] that we used to joke about playing seven years," he said. "And now I'm playing seven years. It's crazy how that happens."

This isn't a real-life re-enactment of "Animal House" character Bluto Blutarsky bemoaning "seven years of college down the drain." Dew-Treadway owns a degree from Notre Dame and his master's from Minnesota. Every student-athlete was essentially given a free year of eligibility last school year from the NCAA after COVID-19 disrupted everything about college sports.

It took him roughly two seconds to jump on the offer of a seventh year on campus.

"Really no debate," he said.

Go Gophers!!

1629379399946.png
Christ, seven years of college, down the drain. Might as well join the F***** Peace Corps.

Not that I think it was down the drain for him. I just instantly thought of this when I saw the headline.

I keep getting old, and they (freshman) stay the same age ....

Top Bottom