Chim Kadima

Kadima is a combination guard that is more of a shooting guard because of his ability to make shots. He has range beyond the arc and has an excellent mid range game as well. He can make middle shots off the catch or dribble on a consistent basis.
________
Lincoln navigator picture

He's been on espn's "considering" list for the longest time... Who is he??

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recr...ng/tracker/player?recruitId=66996&season=2010

Seeing something on ESPN.com is like seeing something in a movie - it may be based on a true story, or it may be fictional... he has not been offered by those schools listed (although he would be happy if they do come calling). I think a lot of programs, including Minnesota, have kept an eye on him to see how he would do after an injury.

Prior to his sophomore year, he looked like he could be a big time 2010 recruit... a busted tibia kept him out of the full 07-08 high school season - he plays for Milwaukee Lutheran.. which hasn't been great the past several years. He had gotten offers from the 'locals'... UWGB, UW-Milwaukee, perhaps Loyola-Chi by then as well... but he said yes to Iowa State in September 2008... worried about the leg and who else would show interest, he prematurely became a future-Cyclone.

Was having a solid junior year, then jacked up his finger, which ended his season with about 9 games left in it. He then reopened his recruitment in March 2009.

So, he has been on the radar of a lot of bigger schools because of his status a couple of years ago as a potential top recruit out of the 2010 WI class.. but, so far, no biting. North Dakota State offered him a few months ago, but I think that is it. Tanned Tommy has been looking at him.. Gonzaga... and many more. But, so far, nothing.

While the team isn't very good, he's had a good senior year at Milwaukee Lutheran and by several accounts he has made good strides over the past few months in terms of 'getting back' both mentally and physically. I think this may go down as a case of 'what could have been', but is someone a bigger school might still take a chance on.

..Native of the Congo... his family has a long history of playing college ball in Wisconsin... brothers: Biaya - Concordia, Kalonji - UW-Stevens Point, Kalombo - UW-Milwaukee and sister: Felicia: UW-Whitewater.

yeah i saw his offers on rivals... but just wondering if we'd ever go after him... with those type offers, i don't know whether we need another average player... I'd love to see Cory and Royce (again) to fill out this recruiting class...

Michael Haynes might be a good fit too... or Calvin Godfrey

Per St. John's Prep (located in Delafield, WI... adding a post-graduate basketball program this fall) coach Brian Richert, they are talking to Chim Kadima about heading there for school in 2010-11... but that he has not yet committed and "is beginning to receive recruiting interest from Boston College, among other schools."

Point of the post is twofold - 1) update on Kadima and 2) if you're unaware of this new program, it's one to keep an eye on... hopefully it'll build into something very nice.

Article from wissports.net, where Mark Miller does an excellent job:

wissports.net Mark Miller Article on St. John's Military

Per St. John's Prep (located in Delafield, WI... adding a post-graduate basketball program this fall) coach Brian Richert, they are talking to Chim Kadima about heading there for school in 2010-11... but that he has not yet committed and "is beginning to receive recruiting interest from Boston College, among other schools."

Point of the post is twofold - 1) update on Kadima and 2) if you're unaware of this new program, it's one to keep an eye on... hopefully it'll build into something very nice.

Article from wissports.net, where Mark Miller does an excellent job:

wissports.net Mark Miller Article on St. John's Military

Ex-Cincy Bearcat Eddie Lee (late 1970's) is perhaps the best basketballer from St John's - he made NBA in early 1980's. NYC native recruited to UC by Gale Catlett.

Ex-Cincy Bearcat Eddie Lee (late 1970's) is perhaps the best basketballer from St John's - he made NBA in early 1980's. NYC native recruited to UC by Gale Catlett.

Better than Trevon Hughes?!?! j/k... Yeah.. I think Lee was actually coached by Brian Richert's dad (Gary) back in the 70s... The story I recall was that Gary became friends with a New York guy that was a pal of Al's... and that created a pipeline between NY and Delafield, WI of all places.. I'm interested to see what types of players they're able to bring into this post-grad program and how they fare against some of the east coast preps..

I have seen him play several times in person and while he is a solid player, I wasn't overly impressed by him.

Seeing something on ESPN.com is like seeing something in a movie - it may be based on a true story, or it may be fictional...

So true, I don't trust espn. Especially since in the class of 2009 they ranked Eric Schulstad an 85, and ahead of Cowels, Sonnen, and Muscala. Muscala ended up starting at Bucknell. Cowels started 11 games out at Santa Clara. And I think we all saw how Sonnen was doing at Northern Iowa. Schulstad was a pretty good highschool player, but not even the best on his team. He also did not have any D1 offers, and ended up playing at Jamestown(NAIA), only averaging 2 ppg in 22 games. Rivals and Scout are the really the only two recruiting sites worth putting time into reading.

I have seen him play several times in person and while he is a solid player, I wasn't overly impressed by him.

Agreed. I've played against him many times over the last four years and he is not a player I would think the Gophers would take a hard look at.

yeah i saw his offers on rivals... but just wondering if we'd ever go after him... with those type offers, i don't know whether we need another average player... I'd love to see Cory and Royce (again) to fill out this recruiting class...

Michael Haynes might be a good fit too... or Calvin Godfrey

Godfrey committed to Iowa State. Pretty sure

Top Bottom