Children shot and killed in Mlps

Wally

Reaction score
I’m all for banning guns in large cities. It won’t work, but I’m all for the failure.

I want every disagreement solved with guns, that would be fun.

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score
Why would we say anything about a good shooting?
Huh?

I didn't hear about any mass unrest.
20 people protesting and you fools go nuts.
Looting. Fires.
Not a peep about the police from the jamm jamm clan unless it is bad.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Wally simultaneously wishes death on those that caught COVID out of their own ignorance or stupidity but pretzels himself into justifying idiotic behavior of individuals that end up on the wrong side of the police.
Wally also hates anyone who gets an inheritance because he wants a better life for his kids. So that checks out.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Wally simultaneously wishes death on those that caught COVID out of their own ignorance or stupidity but pretzels himself into justifying idiotic behavior of individuals that end up on the wrong side of the police.
Wally also hates anyone who gets an inheritance because he wants a better life for his kids. So that checks out.
Wally also wishes death on those that didn’t wear masks…. Yet didn’t wear one while playing hockey 🤷‍♂️

Wally

Reaction score
Wally also wishes death on those that didn’t wear masks…. Yet didn’t wear one while playing hockey 🤷‍♂️

I wish death on lots of people 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

If I die today, it is what it is, my time was up, oh well.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I wish death on lots of people 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

If I die today, it is what it is, my time was up, oh well.

Your honesty is laudable , even if you remind me a little bit of this classic character

STPGopher

Reaction score
Nobody told Castile to keep reaching into his pocket/waistband but he did it anyway.

Cops deal with more unpredictable danger on a daily basis than most of us will ever realize. I agree with the jury - he was put in a difficult position by Castile and shouldn’t be held to be guilty.

Do people really not understand how to behave during interactions with police? They are suspicious, and nervous for good reason. I don’t blame them a bit. Don’t be a jerk, or actively disobey lawful commands for cooperation and generally everyone goes home that night.

Obviously there have been circumstances where certain individuals go beyond acceptable behavior as judged by their peers and a jury. Those people are in prison as they should be.
So, do you think that the public has no reason to analyze this situation and see if there are ways to prevent this from happening in the future?

Also, do think that people that are pulled over might also be scared or act out of nervousness because a guy is pointing a gun at them (while hands are shaking) and is yelling commands?

I ask these questions, not to continually rehash an unfortunate death, but to get an idea of interest in improvement, and prevention.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
So, do you think that the public has no reason to analyze this situation and see if there are ways to prevent this from happening in the future?
Without question. It would only take a brief analysis; if the police tell you not to move your hands, don't move your hands. Analysis complete. And yet we continue to have people who repeatedly don't do what they are told by the police.... It really is confusing, to say the least

STPGopher

Reaction score
Without question. It would only take a brief analysis; if the police tell you not to move your hands, don't move your hands. Analysis complete. And yet we continue to have people who repeatedly don't do what they are told by the police.... It really is confusing, to say the least
Yep. It's always that simple.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

Also, do think that people that are pulled over might also be scared or act out of nervousness because a guy is pointing a gun at them (while hands are shaking) and is yelling commands?

I ask these questions, not to continually rehash an unfortunate death, but to get an idea of interest in improvement, and prevention.

- It’s pretty clear most people do not get shot by police. Do you disagree? I agree behavior needs to be adjusted, just not the way you think.

- I have seen one video of an individual acting in a compliant, cooperative manner end up on the wrong end of the police. I’m sure it happens but that’s why I favor the body cams - it proves how often people cry Wolf….So generally, no. I suppose those on warrants or with other reason to be nervous - illegal carrying, controlled substances, bodies in the trunk may be highly nervous.

- Agree there is a lot of room for behavioral improvement.

STPGopher

Reaction score
- It’s pretty clear most people do not get shot by police. Do you disagree? I agree behavior needs to be adjusted, just not the way you think.

- I have seen one video of an individual acting in a compliant, cooperative manner end up on the wrong end of the police. I’m sure it happens but that’s why I favor the body cams - it proves how often people cry Wolf….So generally, no. I suppose those on warrants or with other reason to be nervous - illegal carrying, controlled substances, bodies in the trunk may be highly nervous.

Well help me there, because my thoughts are fluid and evolving.

I was asked IIRC by you if I was for reform or some of the other stuff being thrown out there. I said and still believe in reform.

I also know police. I have had numerous conversations with many police. I have also advocated for more resources for police. I just happen to admire models of public service not militaristic stances where the residents of the communities or people traveling through are treated like threats. I am also anti-external training that teaches officers to conduct themselves in that manner.

The Lt. in Virginia is a classic example of what could go wrong if you make the slightest mistake during a negatively-escalated interaction. Especially when officers are shouting out conflicting commands, or you have people coming at you with guns drawn from multiple angles.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Yep. It's always that simple.

Well help me there, because my thoughts are fluid and evolving.

I was asked IIRC by you if I was for reform or some of the other stuff being thrown out there. I said and still believe in reform.

I also know police. I have had numerous conversations with many police. I have also advocated for more resources for police. I just happen to admire models of public service not militaristic stances where the residents of the communities or people traveling through are treated like threats. I am also anti-external training that teaches officers to conduct themselves in that manner.

The Lt. in Virginia is a classic example of what could go wrong if you make the slightest mistake during a negatively-escalated interaction. Especially when officers are shouting out conflicting commands, or you have people coming at you with guns drawn from multiple angles.

The army junior officer was in error. AFAIK he does need to get out of his vehicle when ordered. He went on a prolonged jaunt for IIRC a mile and or so (feel free to correct) before stopping. He didn’t show his hands immediately. All of these things made the officers jittery. Feel free to take issue with their tone, and the knee in the back. He’ll get a nice payday to go away, and the officer was fired as a PR move.

What‘s with the need to think windows all around, anyway?

STPGopher

Reaction score
The army junior officer was in error. AFAIK he does need to get out of his vehicle when ordered. He went on a prolonged jaunt for IIRC a mile and or so (feel free to correct) before stopping. He didn’t show his hands immediately. All of these things made the officers jittery. Feel free to take issue with their tone, and the knee in the back. He’ll get a nice payday to go away, and the officer was fired as a PR move.

What‘s with the need to think windows all around, anyway?
In many areas, you are allowed to proceed to a safe location before coming to a stop. The key is to show that you intend to comply. That he did. Also, the "suspect" indicated why he didn't get out. One false move and he could be shot. Not to mention that he was being asked to do two things at once. He had reason to feel "jittery".

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
In many areas, you are allowed to proceed to a safe location before coming to a stop. The key is to show that you intend to comply. That he did. Also, the "suspect" indicated why he didn't get out. One false move and he could be shot. Not to mention that he was being asked to do two things at once. He had reason to feel "jittery".

Sometimes hearing a liberal describe a traffic stop actually makes it sound complicated.

This whole idea that "one false move and he could be shot" doesn't really jive with openly disobeying the police officers. He continued to make false moves. He should have gotten out of the car when he was asked.

He created the reason he felt jittery.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Sometimes hearing a liberal describe a traffic stop actually makes it sound complicated.

This whole idea that "one false move and he could be shot" doesn't really jive with openly disobeying the police officers. He continued to make false moves. He should have gotten out of the car when he was asked.

He created the reason he felt jittery.
Nothing further to discuss.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
My impression, and I could be totally wrong, is he knew exactly what he was doing by being uncooperative. He had been fined a month earlier for going 20 over the speed limit in the same town and had pleaded for a warning. Maybe he was a little chapped off. His actions at the second stop precipitated use of force which will probably get him a nice go away settlement from the city. Mission accomplished?

Either way, whether he was “scared” or angling for a confrontation he was in the wrong.

STPGopher

Reaction score
You responded with "nothing further to discuss"? Seems passive aggressive.
Well there is nothing further to discuss. The video is there. You can interpret it any way you wish. You are aware of that. Jittery is relative. Some are of us are, some aren't. For various reasons.

Wally

Reaction score

Pay the police more, train them better and require a higher standard of behavior from them.

Top Bottom