Children shot and killed in Mlps

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Learn to read.

You really seem attracted to me. Why Spoofin? You've already stated that you don't appreciate my takes on...anything. Why bother. Are you bored?

You accuse me of stalking you, yet you go out of your way to reply to my posts. Again, why?
He cannot understand nuance, I tried for months before I gave up; to him everything is black and white - love ironic puns. Now watch as he hurls another vulgarity at me. God Bless him!

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
It isn't semantics, deuce. Semantics is the game you play on an everyday basis with your ever changing definitions....fit to your arguments.

Floyd ISN'T a hero. All the praise....and the worship....and the murals....just make me shake my head. He's not a hero. But he is a symbol. He's a symbol of the the abuse that black folks have taken at the hands of police officers for decades. As I said earlier....police officers have typically gotten away with it because their word holds weight.

Times are changing and the righties are scared. White people in power don't get to intimidate and abuse minorities any longer. But hell if they aren't going to continue to make excuses for it.

It ain't gonna be pretty until they age out or get there azz wiped for real the next time they try to insurrect.

STPGopher

Reaction score
There is a misplaced term here. Hero is the wrong word that certain people are using. That implies that Floyd did this out of selflessness and cause. Not the case. Martyr is more applicable here....even though it also doesn't fit the definition perfectly. Black people have long been distrustful of the police. And for good reason. GF gave them a platform and an example to rally behind. And there's no question that his death is going to lead to palpable change.

Once again....the old white man party of the right has been scrambling to make excuses for why it was GFs fault. Don't want to lose that stranglehold on the minorities.

Times are changing. Let the right wing follow Trump into hell.
im-a-grumpy-old-man-grumpy.gif

Grumpy knows no boudaries...

Slim Tubby

Reaction score
It is reasonable. And George Floyd is not a hero. He’s a victim. Having a panic attack and being uncooperative are not heroic actions.
I don't agree with you that often but there's absolutely nothing "heroic" about George Floyd...nothing. A victim? Undeniable...and Chauvin deserves all the unwanted prison sex that hopefully comes his way. The entire premise of the OP is embarrassing and indicative of the Far Right's combative and dismissive nature that is staining the Republican Party in today's political arena and encourages the media's liberal slant.

The bigger problem is the systematic murder, predominantly committed by minorities against minorities, taking place in nearly all of our major urban metropolitan areas and it seems like nobody from either side of the aisle cares because it requires a very painful look in the mirror. I see the photos of these innocent children being murdered and it makes me sick to my stomach. Do we only seek social/criminal justice when it's one race harming another?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Learn to read.

You really seem attracted to me. Why Spoofin? You've already stated that you don't appreciate my takes on...anything. Why bother. Are you bored?

You accuse me of stalking you, yet you go out of your way to reply to my posts. Again, why?
Let's go STP. Show me where I have ever accused you of stalking me. Just one example should do.

Spoofin

Reaction score
He cannot understand nuance, I tried for months before I gave up; to him everything is black and white - love ironic puns. Now watch as he hurls another vulgarity at me. God Bless him!
nuance? Really?

STP stated "The officer appeared to be influenced by 'warrior' training". What's the nuance there - it is utter nonsense based on nothing thrown out there to support what one wants to believe. It is BS is what it is. As for seeing things black/white --- funny coming from you, who finds a way to throw race into just about every post. You are an idiot who doesn't even stand by his own word. You have very little to offer anyone.

STPGopher

Reaction score
nuance? Really?

STP stated "The officer appeared to be influenced by 'warrior' training". What's the nuance there - it is utter nonsense based on nothing thrown out there to support what one wants to believe. It is BS is what it is. As for seeing things black/white --- funny coming from you, who finds a way to throw race into just about every post. You are an idiot who doesn't even stand by his own word. You have very little to offer anyone.
Read links. That is what they are there for.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Let's go STP. Show me where I have ever accused you of stalking me. Just one example should do.
Yes, when you try to call out others for not condemning both sides on a topic where you refused to call out both sides you are a hypocrite. There really no way around it - cute gif or not.

Then, when you get exposed for making sh!t up about what I “never said” your response is “I don’t care enough to look”. You are going into sidekick and stalker range now. That’s not a compliment.

I don’t need to prove sh!t to you. I called for DT to go to jail in the 1/6 thread multiple times. I’d tell you to use the very good search function here on GH but we both know you have zero interest in facts here - wild assumptions, made up statements, and cute gifs are more your style.

For clarity - I didn’t call for Waters or James to go to jail so I feel your question is loaded with the “equating” distinction. What Waters and James did was also bad. In both cases they were instigating violence. One was followed shortly after with a shoothing against the target of her words and afterwords you were still making jokes about what Waters said. And then you try to call others out for not condemning both sides. Hypocrite.

Section2

Reaction score
I don't agree with you that often but there's absolutely nothing "heroic" about George Floyd...nothing. A victim? Undeniable...and Chauvin deserves all the unwanted prison sex that hopefully comes his way. The entire premise of the OP is embarrassing and indicative of the Far Right's combative and dismissive nature that is staining the Republican Party in today's political arena and encourages the media's liberal slant.

The bigger problem is the systematic murder, predominantly committed by minorities against minorities, taking place in nearly all of our major urban metropolitan areas and it seems like nobody from either side of the aisle cares because it requires a very painful look in the mirror. I see the photos of these innocent children being murdered and it makes me sick to my stomach. Do we only seek social/criminal justice when it's one race harming another?
At the risk of making this partisan, I have to say that there’s really only one side of the aisle that needs to take a look in the mirror. If this was happening in Republican run cities, there would be a very different political narrative. Now, I am sure that most progressives honestly think this is in no way connected to their politics. But the answers are out there for the curious.

Section2

Reaction score
STP, I’m pretty sure sidekick and stalker are monikers he’s given to USAF and Stocker. Ie, he is comparing your thought process/postings to theirs.

STPGopher

Reaction score
STP, I’m pretty sure sidekick and stalker are monikers he’s given to USAF and Stocker. Ie, he is comparing your thought process/postings to theirs.
Fair enough. I am just mirroring his response(s). I will proudly say this. I am sure that USAF and Stocker's opinions regarding human rights are essentially the same as mine.

Spoofin

Reaction score
"Stalker" is referring to Stocker08. I didn't call you a sidekick either. LOL.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Fair enough. I am just mirroring his response(s). I will proudly say this. I am sure that USAF and Stocker's opinions regarding human rights are essentially the same as mine.
I see - now you are challenging my views on human rights? WTH.
- You made a BS statement and got called out on it. From that point on you have been on tilt.

STPGopher

Reaction score
I see - now you are challenging my views on human rights? WTH.
- You made a BS statement and got called out on it. From that point on you have been on tilt.
I was responding to Section 2. Something triggered you from my response. To paraphrase you, I don't care enough to learn what your views on human rights are.

I know what USAF and Stocker08's are.

Good day!

Spoofin

Reaction score
I think most of the board has figured out who those individuals are, and quite some time ago. And yet some continue to engage endlessly and fruitlessly
Nah, he is proudly declaring his alignment with two of the most 'ignored' posters on GH. Always a good sign that one has it figured out.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Nah, he is proudly declaring his alignment with two of the most 'ignored' posters on GH. Always a good sign that one has it figured out.
Solution for you. Add me! Problem solved!

STPGopher

Reaction score

Or do we (society) not care enough to look period?

Slim Tubby

Reaction score
Or do we (society) not care enough to look period?
Thanks in part to Social Media, sadly, we are smack dab in the middle of the “look at me” generation. There’s not enough time in the day to take a gander at what’s going on around us. People are too busy taking selfie’s, posting pics of their pet goat playing the piano and proclaiming themselves as “influencers”.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Thanks in part to Social Media, sadly, we are smack dab in the middle of the “look at me” generation. There’s not enough time in the day to take a gander at what’s going on around us. People are too busy taking selfie’s, posting pics of their pet goat playing the piano and proclaiming themselves as “influencers”.
Maybe something here? One of many links on this subject.

https://musingsfromatherapist.wordpress.com/2015/07/31/apathy-its-worse-than-hate/

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Ignore is not for people that disagree with you. Ignore is for people who bring nothing to the table, outside of toxic comments and insults and vitriol. The board has a number of folks who, whether it's purposefully or just plain oblivious, don't come close to a meaningful contribution.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Well, as you know, I lack your ability to watch a body cam video and know that the officer “appears to be influenced by ‘warrior’ training”. I’d hate to lose rare insight like that.

Spoofin

Reaction score
He won't even ignore me, he just wants to be wuved!!
You truly are a child. You have told me more than once “I’m putting you on ignore”. Unfortunately, your word means nothing - just like your month long “farewell to tOTB” tour sham. You keep expecting people will care if you threaten to leave, stop posting, get them banned, or ignore them. They don’t.

Top Bottom