Children shot and killed in Mlps

STPGopher

Reaction score

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Ronald Greene Louisiana.

A quick flyby reading of the incident — It’s under state and federal investigation and has been since last year. He has some injuries inconsistent with a car accident, and was clearly roughed up. He was driving drunk, had significant levels of cocaine in his body. Some of the injuries could be consistent with a car crash, if that occurred. He was clearly resisting arrest, high speed chase, etc.

Basically, nobody knows all the details yet, but you guys miraculously seem to know already. How is that even possible? It’s still possible one or more people ends up behind bars.

If this drunk took out a family driving down to Chik-fil-A would you be going on an on about this?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
"use excessive and deadly force in making arrests; "

You are entitled to your opinion. I am reserving my right to question the officers actions.

Notice the officers life is actually in danger:

https://kstp.com/news/hutchinson-ma...tigating-assault-of-menards-employee/6077734/

Also notice the high level of restraint by the officers. Even though a fellow officers life is truly in danger.

Are we talking about the same Castile that reached into his pocket or under the seat (can’t recall exact details) after repeatedly being told not to?

STPGopher

Reaction score
Are we talking about the same Castile that reached into his pocket or under the seat (can’t recall exact details) after repeatedly being told not to?
Yes that guy.https://apnews.com/article/37f4196de05e446b8447d84848b3db66

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/15/...lletproof-warrior-training-is-questioned.html

https://www.startribune.com/fear-based-training-for-police-officers-is-challenged/487958041/

Again, you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

In your mind, why wasn’t the shooting justified? I’m genuinely curious. Hindsight being 20/20 what if Castile pulled out a weapon? There is a reason hands being visible is important, right? Why?

STPGopher

Reaction score
In your mind, why wasn’t the shooting justified? I’m genuinely curious. Hindsight being 20/20 what if Castile pulled out a weapon? There is a reason hands being visible is important, right? Why?
I don't have the time to give a full and reasoned response, because much of this ties together. I do think this deserves it. I will also say that I don't totally fault officer Yanez. So why am I saying that it wasn't justified, he did not deescalate the situation. The suspect, Castile was more calm then the officer was.

The officer appeared to be influenced by 'warrior' training.

This is the main reason Mayor Frey banned such training.

https://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-to-ban-warrior-training-for-police/508756392/

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I don't have the time to give a full and reasoned response, because much of this ties together. I do think this deserves it. I will also say that I don't totally fault officer Yanez. So why am I saying that it wasn't justified, he did not deescalate the situation. The suspect, Castile was more calm then the officer was.

The officer appeared to be influenced by 'warrior' training.

This is the main reason Mayor Frey banned such training.

https://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-to-ban-warrior-training-for-police/508756392/
You’re seeing the video but not understanding what it shows. Why was Castile fumbling around grabbing at something when repeatedly told not to in increasingly alarmed volume? Yanez also stated Castile had an odd affect, odd look on his face. Put it all together and it was an unfortunate, preventable incident.

Cops have been ambushed, shot in quick draw contests on numerous occasions. They’re nervous, and understandably so. It’s easy to be the brave one sitting at home behind a keyboard. Put yourself in an officers shoes.

The jury acquitted, 12-0 on manslaughter.

STPGopher

Reaction score
You’re seeing the video but not understanding what it shows. Why was Castile fumbling around grabbing at something when repeatedly told not to in increasingly alarmed volume? Yanez also stated Castile had an odd affect, odd look on his face. Put it all together and it was an unfortunate, preventable incident.

Cops have been ambushed, shot in quick draw contests on numerous occasions. They’re nervous, and understandably so. It’s easy to be the brave one sitting at home behind a keyboard. Put yourself in an officers shoes.

The jury acquitted, 12-0 on manslaughter.
I have and do question all of it including what may or may not be a reasonable expectation/ action, Still, and it did invoke some change, training is fair game.

Goodnight.

stocker08

Reaction score
Philando Castile. Also silent were the (we're fighting for the rights of blacks) NRA.

A perfect example of why black people are terrified of the police. He was pulled over because he "matched" the description of a robbery suspect. And the match was that he had a "wide set nose". What the fuck?

Despite being pulled over for a completely egregious reason....he responded to the officer calmly saying "good, how are you" when addressed. Afterwards....when asked for license and registration....he did the RIGHT thing and told the officer that he had a firearm. The officer immediately got on the offensive. Hard to say what happened since video from inside the vehicle didn't exist....but nothing about that exchange suggests that the officers were in any sort of danger.

Now consider if Philando Castille was a white man. First off....he wouldn't have been pulled over in the first place. Second....highly unlikely that the officer gets that jumpy when notified by the driver that he had a firearm.

Just an all around sad incident that occurred directly because of the color of Castille's skin. And righties scoff at black folks who protest their treatment by police. Old white man party doesn't represent minorities. They don't care.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I have and do question all of it including what may or may not be a reasonable expectation/ action, Still, and it did invoke some change, training is fair game.

Goodnight.

Here is why officers don’t tolerate suspects reaching into their pockets or under their seats, and shouldn’t be expected to. I could post a lot more of these.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
A perfect example of why black people are terrified of the police. He was pulled over because he "matched" the description of a robbery suspect. And the match was that he had a "wide set nose". What the fuck?

Despite being pulled over for a completely egregious reason....he responded to the officer calmly saying "good, how are you" when addressed. Afterwards....when asked for license and registration....he did the RIGHT thing and told the officer that he had a firearm. The officer immediately got on the offensive. Hard to say what happened since video from inside the vehicle didn't exist....but nothing about that exchange suggests that the officers were in any sort of danger.

Now consider if Philando Castille was a white man. First off....he wouldn't have been pulled over in the first place. Second....highly unlikely that the officer gets that jumpy when notified by the driver that he had a firearm.

Just an all around sad incident that occurred directly because of the color of Castille's skin. And righties scoff at black folks who protest their treatment by police. Old white man party doesn't represent minorities. They don't care.

Give me a break. You guys are ridiculous.

stocker08

Reaction score

The entire Castille incident was ridiculous. But I guess right wingers think pulling him over because of his "wide set nose" was completely "justified".

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
The entire Castille incident was ridiculous. But I guess right wingers think pulling him over because of his "wide set nose" was completely "justified".

He matched a physical description. Fair to argue whether that’s justified or profiling in this case. I don’t know. It’s completely irrelevant to what transpired during the subsequent encounter.

Did you watch the video? There are many, many more.

stocker08

Reaction score
He matched a physical description. Fair to argue whether that’s justified or profiling in this case. I don’t know. It’s completely irrelevant to what transpired during the subsequent encounter.

Did you watch the video? There are many, many more.

The call from the officer said that he matched the description because of a "wide set nose". That is a crazy bullshit reason to pull someone over.....and hardly a reasonable "physical description" match. Every self proclaimed "freedom loving" righty should find issue with that.

I just watched the video. How the hell do you equate that with the Castille shooting? The two situations are not even close to similar. You'll have to do way better than that in order to prove the wackass "completely justified" determination you tossed out earlier.

stocker08

Reaction score

Congratulations. You are simply providing the justification for the massive increase in protests over the past few years. Police officers have long gotten off the hook for things like this....with little to no repercussion....regardless of whether it was an unfortunate accident or not.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
The call from the officer said that he matched the description because of a "wide set nose". That is a crazy bullshit reason to pull someone over.....and hardly a reasonable "physical description" match. Every self proclaimed "freedom loving" righty should find issue with that.

I just watched the video. How the hell do you equate that with the Castille shooting? The two situations are not even close to similar. You'll have to do way better than that in order to prove the wackass "completely justified" determination you tossed out earlier.

If you don’t get it, neither myself or anyone else will ever get you to understand. Most people understand, the jury understood. Heat of the moment, lack of cooperation, lack of visible hands, dark car, dusk lighting. Understandable and justifiable.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Congratulations. You are simply providing the justification for the massive increase in protests over the past few years. Police officers have long gotten off the hook for things like this....with little to no repercussion....regardless of whether it was an unfortunate accident or not.

Completely justified shootings?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
How mature you are to mock a person's death; to do so is sad, and reveals insights about the person doing so.

Oh stop it. Lies like this are part of why no one respects you. The mockery is not of a man's death & you know it. It's of the NAACP pretending George Floyd was "an American hero". You can be against the police killing citizens while still being grounded in reality, and here in reality, George Floyd was a troubled, drug addicted criminal, not "an American hero".

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Nobody is making George Floyd a hero. Instead, people all over the world have made him Exhibit A in their complaints about cops who routinely exceed their lawful authority and use excessive and deadly force in making arrests; who often use racial profiling in targeting people of color and other minority communities; and who almost always lie and try to cover-up their abusive and illegal conduct. The issue of racist and bigoted cops who abuse their authority and use excessive force in making arrests has absolutely nothing to do with why children are being shot and killed in America's cities.
02D92FA3-B1C3-4A3F-8B46-A8DA5E172444.png

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
A quick flyby reading of the incident — It’s under state and federal investigation and has been since last year. He has some injuries inconsistent with a car accident
An article contradicts your assertion (bolded) on CNN per the opinion from a medical professional, so I have no idea what you're referring to in your assertion (bolded).

Autopsy says Greene's death was "inconsistent" with car crash​

An autopsy from the Union Parish Coroner's Office states in its opinion section that lacerations of Greene's head were "inconsistent with motor vehicle collision injury and most consistent with multiple impacts from a blunt object."
The report also says, "no written incident report was provided despite requests" and that "no detailed information regarding the motor vehicle collision ... was provided. It notes that "no emergency services medical records were provided" to the coroner's office.

, and was clearly roughed up.
An officer at the scene described it thusly (he clearly thinks it was more than "roughed up")- from the same link -

Audio from Hollingsworth's body camera revealed a telephone exchange inside his patrol vehicle after the beating. He begins by saying Greene was drunk.

"And I beat the ever-living f*** out of him, choked him and everything else trying to get him under control and we finally got him in handcuffs when a third man got there and the son of a bitch was still fighting and we was still wrestling with him trying to hold him down because he was spitting blood everywhere," Hollingsworth says in the video.

"And then all of a sudden he just went limp," Hollingsworth said.

The above may well have been the moment he died.

He was driving drunk, had significant levels of cocaine in his body. Some of the injuries could be consistent with a car crash, if that occurred. He was clearly resisting arrest, high speed chase, etc.
Doesn't give anyone the right to beat someone to death the last time I checked.

Basically, nobody knows all the details yet, but you guys miraculously seem to know already. How is that even possible?
I simply posted a name, please show me where I did anything else, oh snap, you can't because I didn't, however, I am posting the information which is out in the public purview at this point.

The Bodycam footage was just released so that's why this is gaining traction.

It’s still possible one or more people ends up behind bars.
Hopefully if found guilty.

If this drunk took out a family driving down to Chik-fil-A would you be going on an on about this?
What? I posted a name that was it, and you classify that as me going on about this - SMH.
I simply posted a name and your rebuttal to that is some nonsensical potential scenario. I am dealing with the actual data of the case and not a possible outcome.

I assumed knowing the Old White Fellers that one of them would jump on it (I actually like your beard) and show their true colors on this subject matter, SO -

1621936914236.png

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Oh stop it. Lies like this are part of why no one respects you. The mockery is not of a man's death & you know it. It's of the NAACP pretending George Floyd was "an American hero". You can be against the police killing citizens while still being grounded in reality, and here in reality, George Floyd was a troubled, drug addicted criminal, not "an American hero".

LMAO.

Do you think I actually care about what you or any of the other Old White Fellers' opinions of me are? Really? I am far more secure and have far more interests than an anonymous chatboard, unlike you and the little sphere you inhabit?

You couldn't think of a rebuttal to refute my posts in your Dominion thread, LOL, so you try and assassinate my online persona - oh, how shall I get through my day???? Rising Slurpent doesn't respect me any longer, ugh. Why Lord, Why??? Methinks you overestimate your importance in my life, how naïve, cute and truly Minnesotan of you.

1621940929255.png

stocker08

Reaction score
If you don’t get it, neither myself or anyone else will ever get you to understand. Most people understand, the jury understood. Heat of the moment, lack of cooperation, lack of visible hands, dark car, dusk lighting. Understandable and justifiable.

Trying to compare Castillo to the video that you posted afterwards simply shows your bias. The two situations are in no way comparable....but you are trying to shoehorn it in anyways.

stocker08

Reaction score
Riiigghtt. If someone makes you feel nervous, it's a justified shooting? There are sooo many other paths to take before you pull that trigger.

Had to be nervous. That wide set nose of his made him the prime suspect in a robbery. And the step right before shooting a police officer is calmly telling them that you have a firearm in the car. Might as well tell them that you are going to shoot.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Your opinion. You are entitled to it. We are to ours.

Edit: As alluded to, much of this comes down to an erosion of confidence.

The initial report.

The negative escalation.

The external training.

The assumption of malice.

All of these factors played a role.

BTW if he was that scared (training) perhaps he should not be an officer. Mohamed Noor comes to mind. Certainly if we took a similar route and assumed malice toward anyone out that time of night we could say that Ms. Damond was in the wrong for lurking around a potential crime seen. Officer Noor was probably afraid too. She should have stayed in her home. She was most likely instructed to do so.

Going back to Yanez, changes were suggested and some were made. Some more may take place.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/05/15/bulletproof-mpd-rcs/

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020...ement-on-changes-to-minnesota-drivers-manual/

Thankfully we have cellphones.

"Take a frame by frame look at the video showing the death of Walter Scott at the hands of Officer Michael Slager. Does it match Slager's incident report and what is the unidentified object he leaves near Scott's body?"

Would the outcome have been the same without cellphone video?

Last edited:

Top Bottom