Chicago Tribune: NU game at Ryan Field to be peanut-free this Saturday vs Gophers

I just want to take a moment and brag about my son. At his school there is a peanut free table in the lunchroom. When he was 9, he asked my wife to pack a peanut free lunch for him. She asked if one of his buddies was allergic, and his response was no, but there is 1 kid who always eats alone, so he wanted to be able to sit at the table. He's still not buddies with the kid, but once a week he eats at that table.

I just want to take a moment and brag about my son. At his school there is a peanut free table in the lunchroom. When he was 9, he asked my wife to pack a peanut free lunch for him. She asked if one of his buddies was allergic, and his response was no, but there is 1 kid who always eats alone, so he wanted to be able to sit at the table. He's still not buddies with the kid, but once a week he eats at that table.

Very cool story. You're raising him right!

Go Gophers!!

It's a nice gesture and nobody's going to skip going to the game because they can't get a bag of nuts, but the timing of this is really stupid. There's no way to track it, but how many people are going to go to the game now that weren't going? You're giving people about 5 days notice, just announcing this now. If they were going to do this, they should have announced this at the beginning of the year.

Top Bottom