Checking In on the Badgers Transfers

Wisconsin #21 in ESPN Early Poll
Mich St #3
Purdue #14
Maryland #22
Gard getting a lot of respect in this poll - especially after a really poor conference record in a pretty bad big ten. 5th year seniors (e.g. Wahl), while steady as ever, tend to not improve much. I don’t think Wahl has another step to take beyond what he did his junior year. Essegian’s growth will be the major lane for improvement IMO, otherwise I feel like they played to their ceiling. Time will tell. I’ve been signaling Gard’s demise since 2020, but he keeps pulling rabbits out of hats.

Reynolds just de-committed.

Reynolds committed before Storr, and there's speculation that, with the addition of Storr, Reynolds may not have been happy with his projected playing time and role on the team as a bench player. But if we've learned anything from our own transfer recruiting thread, it's that it shouldn't be difficult to stock your bench with upperclassmen transfers who scored 15 points a game at the mid-major level. And if the player doesn't want that, then just, like, recruit him harder bro.

Reynolds committed before Storr, and there's speculation that, with the addition of Storr, Reynolds may not have been happy with his projected playing time and role on the team as a bench player. But if we've learned anything from our own transfer recruiting thread, it's that it shouldn't be difficult to stock your bench with upperclassmen transfers who scored 15 points a game at the mid-major level. And if the player doesn't want that, then just, like, recruit him harder bro.
And now Storr will decommit because he is unimpressed with the supporting guard cast and would prefer to play on a team positioned for a deep tourney run.

Top Bottom