CHASING HOOP DREAMS IN IOWA

Jon

Reaction score
A pipeline of talent going south has lured promising Twin Cities players who want to improve.
-- from link
"It's different," Lofton said. "My closest neighbors are cows. But it's been pretty smooth. I have my mind focused. It's grades first, then basketball. There's not too much time to do anything else. When I go to college, I'll be strong in both areas."
--
http://www.mnbasketballhub.com/news_article/show/101878

That schedule sounds really hard, 4:30 am practice and a second practice at 8? Unless these guys are incorporating naps in to their day, they are not getting much rest for the amount of work they are putting in.

On a more serious note, it would be really good for Gopher basketball if their was a prep school and/or elite junior college within the state. It would be nice to read about talented kids coming to Minnesota to get their grades in order instead of reading about in state kids leaving.

How cool would that be if we had a high profile Prep Academy here in MN for talented kids that need help firming up their academics? Reminds me of Shattuck St. Marys for hockey.

And here I was thinking all one had to do was surround our high schools with fields and fields of cows.

I couldnt agree more it would be very cool and interesting if MN had a prep school or JUCO to help funnel some of our better kids in to our system. Another D-1 Bball school would be nice also and create a different dynamic to MN sports.

Good luck Zach and the other locals playing for quakerdale prep. I look forward to seeing y'all develop over the next year and see what you guys make of this oppurtunity.
Hopefully Gopher recruiters are keeping a close eye on Quakerdale. I cant say enough good things about Lofton, he's an awesome player.

Top Bottom