Charles Buggs commitment story

Chris Monter

Reaction score
I exchanged text with Buggs head coach last night during the Gopher game and he had told me that Buggs would decided between Minnesota and Arkansas in the next 24 hours. He has since committed to Minnesota. His coach is expected to call me back soon.

This has been a difficult recruitment to cover since Charles doesn't have a call phone and Hargrave has already played several games and coach Hamilton has been hard to reach, due to his busy schedule.

I hope to post the quotes to the story soon.

Chris Monter

Thanks Chris, this is great news considering the Gophers options at this point in the recruiting cycle.

A big pick up for Tubby, I think this kid can play. Tubby is going to have two solid recruiting classes in row it looks like.

RyanJamesMN Ryan James
@
@DarrenWolfson Schools also following were Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Tulane, LSU, Dayton, George Mason, and Boston College
6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

RyanJamesMN Ryan James
@
@DarrenWolfson Offers from Minnesota, Santa Clara, Clemson, Arkansas, West Virginia, Charlotte, Seton Hall and Marquette.
6 hours ago

RyanJamesMN Ryan James
Buggs is definitely a nice pick-up for the Gophers. He really liked his visit and I put some of his quotes into the GI story on the cover

JBBauer612 J.B. Bauer
@
@DarrenWolfson re school list on Buggs; Some had one time interest, not all current offers
6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

JBBauer612 J.B. Bauer
#Gophers ;at one time had #mubb interest RT @DaveTelep: Charles Buggs is going to sign with Minnesota. Cranking out a blog soon.
Typical Jesse.

Chris - Thanks for the updated story including quotes from the Hargrave coach. Coach Hamilton is obviously very positive about the potential of Buggs. It will be interesting to watch his progress as his Prep School season progresses.

Welcome Mr. Buggs. Love the name. You should be able to get minutes right away.

I like both commitments this year so far because they both fill a need of getting more shooters and scorers on this team. I thought a true big would be good, but I am fine with just getting kids who can put the ball in the hoop. The more of them we get, the better off we'll be. If that third one opens up, even better, go get a big with that one.

It looks like Buggs has a good stroke from the outside from the video. While I think highlight videos in general are misleading, it does show shot form, which is a good predictive indicator as to potential to score from the outside.

Top Bottom