Chances of Winning X of Conference Games

Everyone underestimating them again?

giphy.gif

UCLA isn’t rated very high but may be the most overrated team in the nation

The big takeaway is that there are 14 teams between 2.5 and 5.5
Winning 2 close games may be the difference between 5th and 16th

It's a tough schedule.
Even with the schedule, it is disheartening to see they think we are more likely to go 2-7 or worse than 4-5 or better. Given where I thought our program was a few years ago, following up last year with a losing B1G season (even a 4-5 one) would be disappointing.

Even with the conference realignment, I still think Iowa and WI are the 2 most important conference games.

It is still July, so I'll go with wins against:
Iowa
UCLA
Maryland
Rutgers
WI

Iowa at home early in the season is good for us. The last 3 games at WI, MN has either won or lost in OT in a close game. I like our chances.

That means losses to:
USC
Michigan
PSU
Illinois (we always manage to blow it against the Illini)

Iowa at home may be the key to the season. a Win there greatly improves the odds of winning at least 6 games overall and making a bowl.

of the 4 home conference games, Maryland is a must-win. have to have that one. Iowa and USC are games that could potentially go either way. Penn State is going to be tough, even coming out of the 2nd bye.

of the road conference games, at Michigan is really the only one where the Gophers will be major underdogs. they have at least a shot at winning at UCLA, Illinois, Rutgers and Wisconsin.

by the time November rolls around, it will depend on which teams are healthier.

Even with the conference realignment, I still think Iowa and WI are the 2 most important conference games.

It is still July, so I'll go with wins against:
Iowa
UCLA
Maryland
Rutgers
WI

Iowa at home early in the season is good for us. The last 3 games at WI, MN has either won or lost in OT in a close game. I like our chances.

That means losses to:
USC
Michigan
PSU
Illinois (we always manage to blow it against the Illini)
Minnesota leads Illinois all time 40-33
2-3 in last 5
5-5 in last 10
9-6 in last 15

I don’t know if id say Minnesota always loses to Illinois. Just happen to have lost the last 3.
Before the last 3 Minnesota had won 15/20

2-3 in last 5
5-5 in last 10
9-6 in last 15

I don’t know if id say Minnesota always loses to Illinois. Just happen to have lost the last 3.
I think it is a case of "the sting of the loss >>> the sweetness of victory" or whatever.

The 3 straight Bielema losses all hurt.
The "get Robb Smith fired" game hurt.
The one where Isaac Fruechte lost the ball in the sun on the kick return hurt.

The only Illinois win I remember was when Shannon Brooks busted a long TD for the win but all our fans whined about him leaving too much time on the clock, or something.

Being a Gopher fan does a number on my brain.

Even with the schedule, it is disheartening to see they think we are more likely to go 2-7 or worse than 4-5 or better. Given where I thought our program was a few years ago, following up last year with a losing B1G season (even a 4-5 one) would be disappointing.
Coming off a down year all these pre-season predictions were going to be bad. We aren't Nebraska or Wisconsin who can get pre-season hype for no reason.

These off season predictions have always been pretty worthless in the long run but I would argue that in the transfer portal era they have become even more pointless.

Last year we had horrible QB play and lots of injuries to key guys on defense. If Brosmer is just solid and we have better luck on the health front, those two factors alone could easily push us back to where we have been under Fleck.

Going to be interesting to see how this new look Big Ten shakes out. Still looks wrong seeing those PAC 12 schools listed in the conference.

2-3 in last 5
5-5 in last 10
9-6 in last 15

Minnesota always loses to Bielema. Our record is 0-10. Bielema currently is at Illinois. Therefore we loss to Illinois until Bielema’s moves in.

You’re a soft ass bitch

Man up and stop being afraid of Bb
You are illogical. I suggest Prevagen. I am not afraid of Bielema. I also am not the Gopher football HC. PJ's inability to beat Bielema has nothing to do with my feelings; it has to do with PJ's.

If I read this correctly we are almost as good as Ohio State. Buckeyes have a 9% chance to win 6.
We are almost right there with them...we have a 9% chance to win 5. All this pessimism...just gotta read it right... 🥴🗽

Top Bottom