Chairback and other questions....

CP Gopher

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on what rank one would have to be to have a chance at chairback seats?
I think I'll end up with benches, but some friends of mine are right near 20,000.
Also, does anyone know about leg-room in the bench seating? Is there going to be ample space? The only comparison I have is Lambeau where it gets a little tight. I'm hoping there's a little more room than that.
I probably won't go with a portable cairback rental. I did this at Lambeau and there wasn't much of a difference than bringing a blanket or seat cushion to sit on.
And has anyone heard yet about buses transporting fans from bars/restaurants? This is something I'd seriously consider.

I just posted some new stats. If people are willing to pay a donation, I think they'll have a shot at seatbacks past 20,000. Likely 22-25,000 or so would be my guess. As for non-donation chairbacks, I'm thinking around 19,000 will be the cutoff, but that is just a guess.

its only me...but

Chair backs are nice but when it cold and a bit wet, they will be a disadvantage. I was the first at 7k to pick the bleachers.

CP,
Last Fall there was info about buses doing a round trip to TCF from outlying malls (Maplewood, etc). Nice option for folks who don't want to fight the traffic.

My goal is a chairback but I will not pony up a premium. I hope to have decent choices with my pick this Thursday as I am #15,600 or something like that.

Chair backs are nice but when it cold and a bit wet, they will be a disadvantage. I was the first at 7k to pick the bleachers.

When it is wet, all seats stink.

My bench in Purdue was soaked.

And has anyone heard yet about buses transporting fans from bars/restaurants? This is something I'd seriously consider.

I would think many bars would try to do this, I think you can count on the Blarney Bus though, as they were always active hours before basketball games.

Busing from bars only makes sense when the establishment

is not from the immediate University area.

I think you can count on the Blarney Bus though, as they were always active hours before basketball games.

Why take a bus from a bar 4 blocks from the stadium? Makes sense in the dead of winter but for football? No wonder American society is battling a weight epidemic. Another sign of the pussification of our society.

Why take a bus from a bar 4 blocks from the stadium? Makes sense in the dead of winter but for football? No wonder American society is battling a weight epidemic. Another sign of the pussification of our society.

I agree with you. I was merely mentioning it as a bar that I knew that does that sort of thing. It will be interesting to see how far people have to park away from the stadium if they try to show up at game time.

I wish I still lived in Dinkytown, those that do will probably be able to make about 50 bucks a game on letting people park in their front yard/driveway.

Top Bottom