Chadron Record: Bigger, stronger Elliott Eliason anxious to launch his college career

I like the use of "Minne-apolis"...

...a few nits:

> "Eliason was one of three freshmen who redshirted last season....Eliason was the only one of the redshirts who traveled with the team. Thus he suited up for the away games, but sat on the bench wearing a shirt and necktie at home.

There were not three freshmen who redshirted last year. The writer is referring to Halvorsen and Osenieks. Of course, Halvorsen was a sophomore transfer and Osenieks was a nonqualifier. Those two didn't travel because they weren't allowed to. Eliason was the only one eligible to compete. The comment on Eliason's game day attire is also inaccurate. I'm just glad the writer didn't try to say Maurice Walker would get another year of eligibility. (Which would be silly to say, and my offer to bet anyone on that topic stands.)

> "Mbakwe...declared for the NBA draft"

Not true.

> "Also returning (in addition to Mbakwe and Sampson) will be another full-time starter, 6-7 Rodney Williams, and five more lettermen"

Doesn't look right.

Anyway, hope the kid is ready to compete. Looking forward to watching him in person starting next week.

"I like the use of "Minne-apolis"...

That happens to certain text when converting it from Microsoft Word to the publishing format (likely Quark).

Top Bottom