Celebrate the ones who want to come here.

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I know it is the hot topic to always talk about SH. I don't think he is coming. Doesn't make him a bad kid. I think he is doing a great job not getting a huge head when he is constantly having attention thrown his way. All this information you get is from people calling him and asking. He is not advertising himself.

So that said ... Good luck SH where ever you go. Welcome to all you other recruits that want to be part of making the Gopher's stadium the place to be.

Never understood the "Good luck wherever you go" attitude. If Seantrel doesn't come here, I don't wish him good luck at all. I'm a Gopher football fan. I have no personal connection with the Henderson family, so I honestly could not care less about what happens to him if he goes elsewhere. In fact, if he does go elsewhere, I don't think it would be objectionable to openly root against him and hope he fails, to get an advantage in future recruiting battles.

If SH goes to USC I will root against him when we play USC.

"and hope he fails"? I hope you don't really mean that.

You hope he fails just because he didn't choose your school? I don't hope any 18 year old fails.

I try not to get to involved in the recruiting stuff until the day of the signing, that is when i like to celebrate.

Never understood the "Good luck wherever you go" attitude. If Seantrel doesn't come here, I don't wish him good luck at all. I'm a Gopher football fan. I have no personal connection with the Henderson family, so I honestly could not care less about what happens to him if he goes elsewhere. In fact, if he does go elsewhere, I don't think it would be objectionable to openly root against him and hope he fails, to get an advantage in future recruiting battles.

That's ridiculous, if a Minnesota high school prospect succeeds it's a good look. I don't see how him failing helps us in the future.

First, I didn't say I would be hoping he fails. I said I would not find it objectionable if other people were to hope for failure. And let's not be overly sanctimonious here. I'm only talking about football here. I cheer for failure for 18 year olds all of the time, as, I suspect, does every poster on this board. I hope every member of the Wisconsin football team fails (again, as football players). I hope that every opponent of the Gophers will fail. I wouldn't spend much time hoping SH would fail if he went elsewhere, because I probably wouldn't care enough to expend the energy. Again, I wouldn't have a problem with others cheering against him though.

As to whether it helps the Gophers, I think it absolutely would help the Gophers if Seantrel, having chosen another school, were to fail. If Seantrel were to go to, let's say, USC, and were to succeed, he would be a good recruiting tool for USC in Minnesota, not that they need it. It is in the University of Minnesota's best interest to not have other programs seeking to lock down the talent here, and to not have the talent from here leave the state. Thus, if Seantrel were to leave and succeed, it would be much worse for the U of M football team than if he were to leave and fail, in my opinion. Thus, again, I would have no problem with people hoping for Seantrel to fail, if he signs with some other school.

That's ridiculous, if a Minnesota high school prospect succeeds it's a good look. I don't see how him failing helps us in the future.

I really don't get this. It isn't like people are going to transfer to MN to play football. It might mean that MN high school kids might continue to transfer to CDH, but I still don't how that helps the Gophers?

I really don't get this. It isn't like people are going to transfer to MN to play football. It might mean that MN high school kids might continue to transfer to CDH, but I still don't how that helps the Gophers?

I guess I was thinking it from a matter of perception. But then again, who really cares if people perceive Minnesota to have quality high school football? It won't change the actual quality, and if they stay undercover, I guess it just allows us to have less to compete with for them . So I retract my thought.

As far as hoping he fails, still, that may be a bit much. But I see the point he's trying to make, and actually, it makes some sense.

Top Bottom