CC to people who complain about uniforms

Rosemountian

Reaction score
You realize how metrosexual (not there is anything wrong with that) you sound when you constantly rant about how ugly somebody's outfits are? right?

Those are my thoughts. My only complaint is that they could save some money to contribute to the new coach's salary if they'd pick a scheme and stay with it. But other than that, I don't really care.

As a well dressed man I can tell you there is no such thing as too many clothes.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep a Traditional Uni

Find one. Keep one. I am partial to the Mason ones with the black socks.

I am the furthest thing from a "metrosexual". Hate people like that.

As a well dressed man I can tell you there is no such thing as to many clothes.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is such a thing as the wrong form of "too". I do agree with you that clothes can make the man. I actually think the maroon pants & matching helmets with white jerseys are our classiest road uniforms. There ought to be some more gold in there, as that is one of our key colors. If you're gonna suck, you might as well look good doing it.

As it turns out the university is not styling their uniforms to appeal to balding 45 year old white guys for whom flannel is a dress option.

As it turns out the university is not styling their uniforms to appeal to balding 45 year old white guys for whom flannel is a dress option.

You are putting on right? I mean all your posts? They aren't serious?

Hold on we're at the verge of something here.

If you're complaining about the Gophers uniforms, I suggest you check out the salute to the troops uniforms Texas Tech wore tonight.

I literally couldn't care less about the uniforms. If the Gophs were 5-0 going in to the Wisconsin game no one would have cared what they were wearing on their heads.

Further if our team was 11-0 going in to the Iowa game I wouldn't care if they wore Hamline's practice uniforms.

I don't see anyone in Eugene complaining about UO's uniforms.

I literally couldn't care less about the uniforms. If the Gophs were 5-0 going in to the Wisconsin game no one would have cared what they were wearing on their heads.

Further if our team was 11-0 going in to the Iowa game I wouldn't care if they wore Hamline's practice uniforms.

the white helmets were sweet! and they make various uniform colors not for the fans, but for the kids! after the wisky game my students talked about how sweet the white helmets and its too bad we suck! uniforms help recruiting. and since we aren't alabama or penn st, we don't have an old school look that people love! get over the uniforms!

some of the crap u people bitch about is just amazing

I have to say I don't really care what the uniforms look like. My personal preferences are slanted towards simple, solid colors with a contemporary design with a significant deference to tradition.

But if UnderArmor, Champion or Nike wanted to play "Oregon Ducks" with the Minnesota unis I would gladly sell-out on the issue. The evidence is overwhelming: people love what the Ducks do. They have made constantly screwing with your uniform a powerful tradition in itself. And if any Big Ten team were to embrace that method I think Minnesota easily makes the best candidate.

Oh, and BTW Khaliq, the kids love flannel nowadays.
Maroon/White plaid uniforms? Hmmmmm. I hope no one at Nike is reading this board. If so, we know what Oregon will be wearing in a few weeks.

I have to say I don't really care what the uniforms look like. My personal preferences are slanted towards simple, solid colors with a contemporary design with a significant deference to tradition.

But if UnderArmor, Champion or Nike wanted to play "Oregon Ducks" with the Minnesota unis I would gladly sell-out on the issue. The evidence is overwhelming: people love what the Ducks do. They have made constantly screwing with your uniform a powerful tradition in itself. And if any Big Ten team were to embrace that method I think Minnesota easily makes the best candidate.

Oh, and BTW Khaliq, the kids love flannel nowadays.
Maroon/White plaid uniforms? Hmmmmm. I hope no one at Nike is reading this board. If so, we know what Oregon will be wearing in a few weeks.

Madras and Gold.

Uniforms are more important than Ws Ls.:rolleyes:

Metrosexual is hosting a media fashion show where players display their crappy new uniform combos on a catwalk.

Go back to these and pretend the last 40 years never happened.

EITJYCQOPLGQEKS.20061204202059.jpg

Metrosexual is hosting a media fashion show where players display their crappy new uniform combos on a catwalk.

Go back to these and pretend the last 40 years never happened.

EITJYCQOPLGQEKS.20061204202059.jpg

I miss the grinning goon coach in this photo. I would rather have Mase leading us to 6-6 seasons than the 1-11 seasons we've gotten to behold twice since he left. This is in no way saying, bring Mason back, or the program's glory years were during the Mason era. It is simply saying I would rather be where we were 4 years ago than where we are now W/L, philosophy, recruiting, etc. I know I'm going to get slammed but so be it. I saw his grinning mug in this photo and felt compelled to blither.

Eugene

Only thing about our Duck unis is I don't know what our school color is anymore!!! Sheesh even my 7 year old doughter said Saturday " I thought our colors were green and yellow" I told her...."they used to be honey, they used to be. Now they are Black, White, Carbon, Yellow, and then Green"....whatever, we're ranked pretty high though.

No Grin There...

Just the usual "deer in the headlights" blank stare that completely eroded your confidence that he had a clue what to do to win a game at the end (or, more likely, how to not let them slip away). Has there ever been a coach whose teams could show such flashes of true dominance (at least on offense) but had such little killer instinct? All I remember is one embarrassing meltdown after another.

Just the usual "deer in the headlights" blank stare that completely eroded your confidence that he had a clue what to do to win a game at the end (or, more likely, how to not let them slip away). Has there ever been a coach whose teams could show such flashes of true dominance (at least on offense) but had such little killer instinct? All I remember is one embarrassing meltdown after another.

i don't remember any 1-11 seasons

I miss the grinning goon coach in this photo. I would rather have Mase leading us to 6-6 seasons than the 1-11 seasons we've gotten to behold twice since he left. This is in no way saying, bring Mason back, or the program's glory years were during the Mason era. It is simply saying I would rather be where we were 4 years ago than where we are now W/L, philosophy, recruiting, etc. I know I'm going to get slammed but so be it. I saw his grinning mug in this photo and felt compelled to blither.

Boy those games were fun and (many times) frustrating. For a few years we had the maybe the best, but certainly one of the top 2, offenses in the B10. All-Americans, national award winners, pro draft choices .... lot of excitement on offense. Yes, we know what the defense was like.

This is a repeat of the Tom Davis/Steve Alford BB f'up at Iowa. "Yes, we've had a successful program, but now we're going to the next level." Unfortunately, nobody ever said that the next level was UP .... sometimes it's down.

Top Bottom