CBS: Will college football early signing period finally pass?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

At least four Football Bowl Subdivision conferences appear to support an early signing period for football starting in December 2016. Others are weighing how to vote later this year on an issue that has been all over the map for more than a decade.

A committee studying the issue recently recommended a three-day early signing period starting on Dec. 16, matching the time when mid-year junior college transfers can sign. The early date would be in place for two years as an experiment before being reevaluated.

The Collegiate Commissioners Association, which consists of the 32 Division I conference commissioners, will formally vote on the issue in June. About 75 percent of Division I coaches support an early date, according to a 2013 survey administered by the Football Recruiting Subcommittee of the NCAA Leadership Council.

"We've been kicking this can down the road for a number of years," said MAC commissioner Jon Steinbrecher, who chaired the committee examining an early date. "Let's take a hard look, see where it comes out and make a decision one way or another and move on. I would think it's dead if it doesn't pass. But I guess it's hard to predict the future."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ge-football-early-signing-period-finally-pass

Go Gophers!!

I fully support this. The recruiting circus is just stupid I think. If a player wants to sign somewhere early then let them sign and get back to their lives instead of answering phone calls and texts from poaching coaches.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom