CBS Sports' Thoughts on Gophers

AEmerson40

Reaction score
"With Wisconsin and Michigan State still to come, the Gophers aren't in divisional contention."

Good thing professionals stay away from assumptions. The ironic thing is this is said directly after noting the fact that the Gophers have won 3 games in a row where the other team was favored by more than a touchdown.

Personally, I don't think we'll beat Wisky or MSU; I'm not even perfectly confident we'll beat PSU (though I think we will). But we have a chance! I think we're good enough to give these teams a run for their money if they don't play particularly well.

Probability and statistics 101. Using Phil Steele's Chart, the Gopher had a 21% chance of beating Northwestern, a 21% chance of beating Nebraska, and a 26.4% chance of beating Indiana. The chance of winning all three games?

1.2%

That's why they play the games.

Nebraska at Michigan next week. The following week Michigan State travels to Lincoln. They travel to Penn State, and end the Season against Iowa. They will either knock Michigan out, or they are a two loss team. I don't think they beat MSU. If they lose both they are out and so is Bo. PSU at Happy Valley is no sure thing. Iowa? With our games left PSU at Home, Wisconsin at Home and MSU on the road we have an excellent chance to finish above Nebraska. The Michigan State is in the drivers seat to play The Ohio State.

Top Bottom