CBS Sports: Minnesota QB Max Brosmer, a New Hampshire standout, hopes to become next FCS-to-FBS transfer to hit it big

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per CBS Sports:

Minnesota quarterback Max Brosmer knows not to take any of this for granted. He heads to work out every day at a $166 million practice facility. When the weather is bad, the team practices at an indoor facility. He drives by the Mayo Clinic downtown, one of the best medical complexes in the world.

For five years, Brosmer played at the University of New Hampshire, an FCS school that averaged 8,700 fans per home game. There was a water fountain in the weight room at UNH that didn't work for years. If a player forgot to bring water to a lift, they just didn't get water. At Minnesota? Not so much.

"It's just a fact, the resources are different," Brosmer told CBS Sports. "It teaches you to love the game of football. That's my job here is to provide perspective."

Brosmer's perspective comes from getting left behind. Despite growing up in Roswell, Georgia, the middle of SEC country, Brosmer failed to earn a single FBS offer. Even local FCS programs ultimately passed, thinking he was either too small or that he didn't have a strong enough arm. He earned a preferred walk-on offer from Georgia, which would ironically turn to walk-on Stetson Bennett one season later. However, Brosmer wanted to reward his parents' investment with a fully funded education.

At New Hampshire, the program that produced Ohio State coach Ryan Day and offensive coordinator Chip Kelly, Brosmer became the first quarterback to ever start as a true freshman. He went on to lead the FCS with 3,464 yards passing, earn All-American honors and finish as a finalist for the Walter Payton Award. In his lone game against an FBS opponent as a senior, Brosmer diced Central Michigan to the tune of 493 yards and four touchdowns.

"I was always an inch too short, 10 pounds too light, maybe five yards too short when throwing," Brosmer said. "There was always something someone could write against me and say. Sometimes I look back and think, that was probably a fair evaluation, but what they couldn't evaluate was my passion and work ethic for football."

Go Gophers!!

He heads to work out every day at a $166 million practice facility. When the weather is bad, the team practices at an indoor facility. He drives by the Mayo Clinic downtown, one of the best medical complexes in the world.
Huh? I'm confused at how this is related?

Our practice facility has indoor and outdoor fields, perhaps during summer workouts they have to use a different indoor facility to prevent the coaches from participating? That's the only reason I could see to use a different facility than the one on campus.

If that's not the case, then wouldn't he drive by Mayo clinic downtown every day? If so, why mention going to a different facility in the rain at all?

That first paragraph to me really reaks of "ChatGPT" to me, but obviously I have to proof for that.

Top Bottom