CBS Sports' Gary Parrish says Gophers a Potential Final 4 Sleeper

He said sleeper for 3rd in the Big Ten, I didn’t hear him say for Final Four, still a compliment.

Last edited:

He said sleeper for 3rd in the Big Ten, I didn’t hear him say for Final Four, still a compliment.

He did. Go to the 22:40 mark. After he talked about LSU, he talked about IU and then Minnesota.

Seems like a lot of uncertainty about gophers during prediction season. Even "experts" who peg the gophs for finishing inthe bottom half of big ten usually comment that they wouldnt be surprised if gophers finish toward the top.

Seems like a lot of uncertainty about gophers during prediction season. Even "experts" who peg the gophs for finishing inthe bottom half of big ten usually comment that they wouldnt be surprised if gophers finish toward the top.

I think the ones that really look at our team see the potential, just as last year, but they were burned by the impact of losing those top players. It is easier to pick them low and give a hint of hope than to go out on a limb and pick them as a contender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll have what he’s smoking

He ultimately didn't say anything too crazy. Based on all of the injuries and suspension issues, he basically said we shouldn't be surprised if the Gophers put it together and have a Top 3 B1G season.

As for Final 4 sleeper, they predicated their picks with the idea that if the teams get a nice bracket set up, anything can happen. We all know how crazy the NCAA tournament gets, so I wasn't as shocked when I actually listened to what he said.

Top Bottom