CBS: Picking the best college football team in each state entering the 2023 season (Minnesota: Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per CBS:

Minnesota -- Minnesota: The Golden Gophers have back-to-back nine-win seasons and won four bowls under coach P.J. Fleck. It is the only FBS program in the state, and only St. Thomas out of the Pioneer League has a shot to get into the discussion in the future.

1691508657802.png

Go Gophers!!

Is there more than a few states where this is even much of a debate? Off my head, Texas could be argued, maybe WV?

I feel like if they're going to do this, they should either only focus on states with multiple FBS teams or actually do the research and share the top team from each level, FBS, FCS, DII and DIII.

Otherwise, OBVIOUSLY the Gophers are the best team in the state. Vermont, for example, has an N/A next to it when there are three DIII football programs there.

Is there more than a few states where this is even much of a debate? Off my head, Texas could be argued, maybe WV?
Ole Miss vs. Miss St.? Ole Miss seems to be the one the preseason polls are predicting to have the better year.

In the B1G alone there are at least 6 states where this answer has changed or been debatable in the last few years.

In the B1G alone there are at least 6 states where this answer has changed or been debatable in the last few years.
Fair, I guess I meant for this year every B1G state seems pretty cut and dry, except maybe Oregon vs Oregon State.

Fair, I guess I meant for this year every B1G state seems pretty cut and dry, except maybe Oregon vs Oregon State.
Agreed, this year is a bit easier. Or at least it looks that way right now, maybe answers would change at the end of the year.

Top Bottom