CBS: Oregon DC Nick Aliotti calls Mike Leach 'low class'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

“That's total bull*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# that he threw the ball at the end of the game like he did,'' Aliotti said. “And you can print that and you can send it to him, and he can comment, too. I think it's low class and it's bull*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# to throw the ball when the game is completely over against our kids that are basically our scout team.''

“Make sure he knows that. Because I don't really care.''

Aliotti wouldn't stop, either, airing his grievances against Leach as if it was Festivus.

“I am kind of stunned he would keep his quarterback and crew in there,'' Aliotti said. “And still he threw the ball with 20 seconds left. But he did. They want stats, they got stats. But we got the most important stat and that's the ‘W' and we are happy about that.''

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...on-dc-nick-aliotti-calls-mike-leach-low-class

Go Gophers!!

I think it's low class and it's bull*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# to throw the ball when the game is completely over against our kids that are basically our scout team.''

I don't see why anyone should be pissed about the losing team throwing the ball, especially when that is the offense they run. In my opinion that quote above is more low class than throwing it. He's degrading his own players by calling them just the "scout team."

What a moron. There is NO TIME that the losing team needs to quit trying to win. If you don't want to have the losing team get a garbage touchdown, then leave your top defense in there. What a jerk...

The sum of Aliotti's statement -
"It angers me that Leach didn't tell his guys to roll over and call it quits - when we were clearly the better team."

Boo hoo. Oregon runs it up every chance they get. I don't feel bad at all for the Ducks.

Leach has been criticized for trying to score when he's way ahead. Now he's criticized for trying to score when he's way behind. Just play the game until the game is over. Aliotti is an idiot and continues to be a major reason to hate Oregon.

This isn't a dig at Adam Weber, but he played numerous series when the outcome was decided. This isn't exactly new.

This is the first time I have heard that the losing Team is trying to rub it in.

Boo hoo. Oregon runs it up every chance they get. I don't feel bad at all for the Ducks.

Have you actually watched Oregon? They pull their starters early and often in blowouts. Also, they pull back on the tempo as well.

To DC's comments, I agree with the majority on here. It was stupid. They run a passing offense, nothing wrong with continuing to do that.

Oregon also handed the ball off to their RB with :07 left in the game and while up 62-38.

Last year (2012) Wazzu was 37 of 64 for 404 yards, 2 TD's, and 1 INT vs Oregon. Halliday was 33-60 in that game.
Tuel threw a 26 yard TD with 4:13 remaining which made the score Oregon 51 Washington State 26

Stay tuned for Tuesday Press Conference..................Coach Leach will probably have an epic rant on it.

"But we got the most important stat and that's the ‘W' and we are happy about that.''

It doesn't appear that you are just happy about the 'w'. If you were, you wouldn't be pouting like a big baby. This has to be at the top of the list of dumbest gripes ever.

Have you actually watched Oregon? They pull their starters early and often in blowouts. Also, they pull back on the tempo as well.

To DC's comments, I agree with the majority on here. It was stupid. They run a passing offense, nothing wrong with continuing to do that.
Yep, average margin of victory for Oregon last season/this season is 33 points, don't tell me they're not running up scores.

What a moron. There is NO TIME that the losing team needs to quit trying to win. If you don't want to have the losing team get a garbage touchdown, then leave your top defense in there. What a jerk...

If it whines like a duck and quacks like a duck.......

Yep, average margin of victory for Oregon last season/this season is 33 points, don't tell me they're not running up scores.

Thank you. Proof you do not actually watch the games. Just throwing out margin of victory? Really? Nice effort. I will say it again, if you actually watch the games, Oregon subs liberally with large leads and milks the play clock as opposed to going with their tempo offense. That IS NOT running up the score. Backups go to practice all week too, they deserve to run plays when given an opportunity in the game.

You can't tell your third-stringers to not try. These guys hardly ever get to play in many cases. They deserve to play as hard as they can. If your opponent is so bad they can't stop your benchwarmers, well, there's not much to say.

As for Leach, yeah, he has some issues (though I was still one of the people who really wanted the Gophers to hire him), but his offense is entirely based on passing the ball. I would expect nothing less from a Leach coached team.

“Make sure he knows that. Because I don't really care.''

He doesn't care because Oregon is contending for National Championships and Washington State is a borderline bowl team. The d.c. knows full well that Washington St isn't a threat to Oregon in the foreseeable future.

Interesting to see how this unfolded. Leach, who is not beloved in the football coaching brotherhood, took the high road, saying he doesn't comment on other team's coaches. Aliotti, later apologized, saying he got caught up in the emotion. WSU's QB set FBS & Pac-12 records against his defense, so Aliotti was catching some heat, despite the big win. Pretty funny.

I read the stories because I recall some posters here saying Kill was an awful hire and Leach would have been a better choice.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Oregon DC Nick Aliotti reprimanded by Pac-12 & fined $5,000 for comments about Washington State</p>— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/statuses/392442528814755841">October 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom