CBS: Most CFB coaches want early signing period ... Will they get it?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

An informal CBSSports.com poll of 25 coaches this week revealed 19 unequivocally want to shift from the current early February setup to August or December. Five are either indifferent or can learn to accept it. Kentucky's Mark Stoops is against the notion because of how it could change the recruiting calendar.

Will coaches get what they want? That depends on the Conference Commissioners Association, which has agreed to evaluate the matter and has a meeting in mid-June. At least one proposal -- the ACC's recommendation for a Aug. 1 signing day -- will be on the table.

No doubt this topic will echo through conference meetings taking place this week, including the SEC's meetings in Destin starting Tuesday.

The American Football Coaches Association will not recommend an early signing date to the CCA, AFCA president Grant Teaff said. The AFCA last presented a December date three years ago and the plan was shot down. Most of his FBS coaches still want December, Teaff said.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...es-want-early-signing-periodwill-they-get-it-

Go Gophers!!

I would guess that Kill might be against an early signing period. We seem to take longer to get the recruiting off the ground every year, an earlier date could really hurt us. Many of the players we have been able to pry away from other schools late in the calender wouldn't be Gophers under this proposed system. We would have had to stop recruiting them after they signed a LOI.

I would guess that Kill might be against an early signing period. We seem to take longer to get the recruiting off the ground every year, an earlier date could really hurt us. Many of the players we have been able to pry away from other schools late in the calender wouldn't be Gophers under this proposed system. We would have had to stop recruiting them after they signed a LOI.

I may be wrong about this but I believe coach Kill said over a year ago he would be in favor of an early signing period. Your point is a good one though. It would be nice if Dave Mona would ask Jerry what his opinion and thoughts are on this subject.l

Top Bottom