CBS: Charlie Strong's fate at Texas should be sealed after loss to Kansas State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

The Kansas State game ended like so many others have under Texas coach Charlie Strong: frustrating, mistake-riddled and with the Longhorns on the wrong end of the scoreboard.

Though Texas had one last gasp for life with a late touchdown, the 24-21 loss felt like it was over long before the final whistle was blown.

In a way, it also signaled the end of Strong's tenure at Texas.

Texas might not fire Strong on Sunday. It may not fire him next week or the week after. But Saturday's loss all but officially sealed his fate in Austin.

There are five games left on the schedule, and Texas needs to win three to be bowl eligible. Frankly, Strong needs to win all five -- including games against No. 9 Baylor and No. 12 West Virginia -- to keep his job.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ooks-to-be-sealed-after-loss-to-kansas-state/

Go Gophers!!

He was the second choice when we hired Brewster. He has recruited fairly well, but mistakes seem to kill his team a lot and we've seen so many mistakes on our team this year that I don't know if Strong is the right guy for us.

Texas is an odd job. I would love to have him as our coach.

I wouldn't mind Charlie as a HC but dude is making 5 mil a year.... are we gonna pay even a discounted price off of that / would he come here for what we would pay...

Top Bottom