CBS: Banner says 'UCLA deserves better,' calls for Steve Alford to be fired

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

UCLA coach Steve Alford even knows this wasn't a good season in Westwood. He doesn't need the "Restore UCLA" petition to remind him that and the school doesn't need a banner to flown around to know that Bruins fans are unhappy with the team's 2016 performance.

It appears that someone has arranged for banner reading "UCLA deserves better, fire Alford!" to be flown around, I guess in hopes of sending the message to the university.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ves-better-calls-for-steve-alford-to-be-fired

Go Gophers!!

UCLA goes coach shopping.... again.

2052c0986b310ab2c48d2a7b9f10e2b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Alford has always landed on his feet. Everyone wrote him off after he was fired at IA.
He has made a ton of money since then and who is available that is certain to be better?
The competition for CA recruits in the PAC 12 is fierce and AZ with Miller has incresed the competition.

Alford has always landed on his feet. Everyone wrote him off after he was fired at IA.
He has made a ton of money since then and who is available that is certain to be better?
The competition for CA recruits in the PAC 12 is fierce and AZ with Miller has incresed the competition.

Was he fired at Iowa? I always thought it was more of a get out ahead of the firing squad type of situation. Like Ed Dechillis going from Penn state to Navy or Tubby leaving Kentucky and coming here

per ESPN:

Instead of going back to the drawing board after a 15-17 mark and a 10th-place finish in the Pac-12, UCLA Bruins coach Steve Alford has gone about redrawing his contract.

Alford, in a letter to Bruins fans and supporters, said he is returning the one-year contract extension he signed after the 2013-14 season.

"At the end of the day, year three was clearly not up to UCLA standards. My coaching staff and I fell short not only of our own expectations, but the expectations of [athletic director] Dan [Guerrero], the Chancellor and you, our fans," Alford said in the letter. "As a coaching staff, we intend to earn that extension back."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...eve-alford-says-given-back-one-year-extension

Go Gophers!!

per ESPN:
" "As a coaching staff, we intend to earn that extension back." Go Gophers!!

In other words, "I am available for interviews at any Power 6 school interested."

per ESPN: Instead of going back to the drawing board after a 15-17 mark and a 10th-place finish in the Pac-12, UCLA Bruins coach Steve Alford has gone about redrawing his contract. Alford, in a letter to Bruins fans and supporters, said he is returning the one-year contract extension he signed after the 2013-14 season. "At the end of the day, year three was clearly not up to UCLA standards. My coaching staff and I fell short not only of our own expectations, but the expectations of [athletic director] Dan [Guerrero], the Chancellor and you, our fans," Alford said in the letter. "As a coaching staff, we intend to earn that extension back." http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15030594/ucla-bruins-coach-steve-alford-says-given-back-one-year-extension Go Gophers!!

Alford just finished year 3. He gave back the 8th year of his contract. If he's fired before April 30th his buyout is $10.4 million. This is a great PR move on his part and people have taken the bait.

Archie Miller next year. Unless he's scared of his big brother.

per CBS:

UCLA coach Steve Alford even knows this wasn't a good season in Westwood. He doesn't need the "Restore UCLA" petition to remind him that and the school doesn't need a banner to flown around to know that Bruins fans are unhappy with the team's 2016 performance.

It appears that someone has arranged for banner reading "UCLA deserves better, fire Alford!" to be flown around, I guess in hopes of sending the message to the university.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ves-better-calls-for-steve-alford-to-be-fired

Go Gophers!!

Where was the "Bring Back Sam Gilbert" banner?

Top Bottom