CBS: After long absence, Big Ten is on top, and its future looks bright

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

The drought is over for the Big Ten thanks to Ohio State's national championship. Mocked for years due to high-profile flops, the Big Ten returned to the podium Monday night with its first national title in either of the two highest-profile sports -- football or men's basketball -- since the Buckeyes' football championship after the 2002 season.

"I think there's a good upward trajectory," Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said. "I think we probably hit the reset button."

Still, the victory could be very good for business for the Big Ten. The conference's 10-year deal with ESPN worth a reported $1 billion expires following the 2016-17 academic year.

Delany will be able to shop around a recent national champion in Ohio State. He can also sell the potential surrounding the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry now that Jim Harbaugh is the Wolverines' coach in a Big Ten East Division with Meyer, Harbaugh, Michigan State's Mark Dantonio and Penn State's James Franklin.

"It's a young league, good coaches, great resources, great fan bases," Delany said. "I think we'll be in a good place [with the TV deal]. What exactly it will be remains to be seen. But when you're successful, it certainly helps you."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...big-ten-is-on-top-and-its-future-looks-bright

Go Gophers!!

Agreed. Eat a bag of d!cks, SEC and eSECpn. Feel the B1G is back and is going to be better than ever.

Top Bottom