Casey Dehn Reconsidering?

LesBolstad

Reaction score
A little birdy told me Owatonna OL Casey Dehn is having second thoughts about his Becky committement. In my opionion, Dehn was the best MN high school offensive lineman this year.

Believe it or not, the 6'6" 270 lb. Dehn would have an excellent chance to start next year as a true freshman. He's that good (or should I say our O-line is that bad).

Don't give up on this guy, Brew; you need him.

I thought his family is full of Wisconsin grads.

But then again the Lamoureux sisters spurned North Dakota for the U

A little birdy told me Owatonna OL Casey Dehn is having second thoughts about his Becky committement. In my opionion, Dehn was the best MN high school offensive lineman this year.

Believe it or not, the 6'6" 270 lb. Dehn would have an excellent chance to start next year as a true freshman. He's that good (or should I say our O-line is that bad).

I would be shocked.... I heard his family was Badger through and through. He was going Wisky his whole life.

But if Lewan came, I am not sure I would agree that we need him. We have three OL signed already without Lewan or Dehn.

I'll take him though. The more Minnesota boys, the better.

I wonder if Coach Davis might be Owatonna on Monday

Surely a call, maybe an afternoon visit. Unitl Dehn say don't call me, why not?

Dehn does nothing for me.

Wouldn't mind at all if he sticks with Wisconsin.

You think Dehn is better than Campion? I don't think many would agree with you. You must be from southern MN or something. Hope this helps.

I remember a couple of years ago when Mason told a 4 star RB that they had signed enough RBs and he would not be signed. Wished he had signed him.

I guess I feel the same way, even if we sign a good amount, there needs to be room for another if the opportunity arises. Given the way the OL looks at this moment, an extra top recruit would not hurt my feelings. If they can get both Lewan and Dehn, go for it!

I remember a couple of years ago when Mason told a 4 star RB that they had signed enough RBs and he would not be signed. Wished he had signed him.

I guess I feel the same way, even if we sign a good amount, there needs to be room for another if the opportunity arises. Given the way the OL looks at this moment, an extra top recruit would not hurt my feelings. If they can get both Lewan and Dehn, go for it!

It's hard to imagine Brewster missing an opportunity to steal one from the Beast from the east.

If Brew wants him

I'm not sure that Brew/Gophs are recruiting him. I hope we can get him. As someone else said, if for no other reason than to just to bother BB & Becky

Beast?

It's hard to imagine Brewster missing an opportunity to steal one from the Beast from the east.

I'd have to say that calling Wisconsin a Beast is rather generous.

I never saw anything saying that we had interest in Dehn so I wasn't hearbroken when he went to Wisconsin. However, taking home state recruits away from a cocky rival that thinks they can waltz across your borders and recruit anyone they want sounds worth burning a scholarship to me. Rivals has him at #8 from MN and we already have #2-6 and #9 and we don't seem to want #7 so locking up the top 8 recruits in MN as the Gophers coaches see it would send a very strong message to the rest of the Big Ten and to the coaches and fans in Minnesota. Do that again in 09 and it starts to become a pattern.

I don't think it's that we aren't/weren't interested. Dehn, as has been stated here, has Wisconsin ties as I believe both his parents are UW-Madison grads. It would be great if we could get him.

Let's move on. Dehn decided early he didn't like maroon and gold. And Brew decided a long time ago to go after OLs who WERE interested.

calminn.......

The 4 star player that Mason turned down was named Richie Rich. He ended up with the North Carolina and after being moved around a bit, has played sporadically at CB this year for the Tar Heels.

I always kind of gave Mason credit for this one, because the kid never panned out at RB like the experts thought, and did not play very much in his third season at CB. He still might end up contributing next year for them, but so far he looks over rated as 4 star and I think Mason probably made the right call. (Although if he can play CB, maybe he would have helped us!)

Maybe Wisconsin cooled on him. I'd prefer Lewan.

Casey Dehn Article in Wednesday's Owatonna Newspaper

Sounds pretty certain from that article he's going to sconnie.

I don't think there is anything to these rumors.. I'll ask his sister the next time I talk to her, but if I know their family as well as I think I do, there is no way he will reconsider his decision to attend UW.

There isn't even a quote from him re: college in the article...

I'm not saying whether he's reconsidering or not, or whether we should be recruiting him, but that article doesn't reconfirm his commitment to the Badgers.....

The 4 star player that Mason turned down was named Richie Rich. He ended up with the North Carolina and after being moved around a bit, has played sporadically at CB this year for the Tar Heels.

I always kind of gave Mason credit for this one, because the kid never panned out at RB like the experts thought, and did not play very much in his third season at CB. He still might end up contributing next year for them, but so far he looks over rated as 4 star and I think Mason probably made the right call. (Although if he can play CB, maybe he would have helped us!)

Didn't know that...Thanks for the insight!

I'm not saying whether he's reconsidering or not, or whether we should be recruiting him, but that article doesn't reconfirm his commitment to the Badgers.....

I won't deny that, but it doesn't show anything other than him going to UW. With an interview a few days ago, I think if there was any chance of his commitment wavering it would have come out then. Knowing him, his personal feelings towards the U and the fact that he has an offer from sconnie, coupled with both of his older siblings currently going there, I don't think there is a shot that he is going to not be attending UW.

I may be wrong. But my gut feeling is that there is no chance he changes his mind. I can't remember how many times I've seen him and his brother wearing "Greatful Red" shirts around school/town.

I don't think he would be a bad addition to the U. I think I only missed 3 of the road games for Owatonna all year and he was clearly a stud, but Big 9 competition and Big Ten competition are two entirely different creatures.

I won't deny that, but it doesn't show anything other than him going to UW. With an interview a few days ago, I think if there was any chance of his commitment wavering it would have come out then. Knowing him, his personal feelings towards the U and the fact that he has an offer from sconnie, coupled with both of his older siblings currently going there, I don't think there is a shot that he is going to not be attending UW.

I may be wrong. But my gut feeling is that there is no chance he changes his mind. I can't remember how many times I've seen him and his brother wearing "Greatful Red" shirts around school/town.

I don't think he would be a bad addition to the U. I think I only missed 3 of the road games for Owatonna all year and he was clearly a stud, but Big 9 competition and Big Ten competition are two entirely different creatures.

Convenient, he's wearing their shirt around town and I hate the guy already.

"That made a huge difference,” said Dehn, who moved to Owatonna in first grade after living in Wisconsin and Iowa."

Yuck....two strikes against him already!

do you think he will see the badgers get even one win during his 5 eyar tenure at wisconsin?

also......this will make the delusional bielema still think he controls minnesota for recruiting....so all is good

Top Bottom